• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Move Npc problem

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
move BOT BUFFER didnt move
i already edit 32_32.IFO and locate buffer. then change the location
equation minimap value-5200=then*100=

what do you think the problem is

and another question about
DC portal warp gate or just add a new portal?

i need suggestion or guides Thanks.

Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Did yo change the files in the server or client?
NPC positions are determined by Server.

Additionally, if you are using an osrose server then you need to change the position in the database file List_NPCs
All NPCs are loaded in from this database table rather than from the IFO.
The IFO just changes the mini-map position in the client.

If you DC at a warp portal it's almost certainly that the server is kicking you out for "Gate Hacking". Thi sis due to a discrepency in the calculations relating to your physical position in the client and server.
When you reach a portal, the client sends a packet to the server requesting a warp
if the server calculates your position to be more than a certain distance from the portal location, you get booted from the server

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thnx for the reply PY
im using arcturus server file. sorry i didnt mention
in osirose i know how to change coz i try osirose.
but in arc. dont know.

i change both server n client.i replace 32_32.ifo that i edit using ifo editor by arnold
i guest i miss calculate the x and y or i just corrupt the file

i just want to change the position of bot buffer in junon :D
about warp portal DC
very hard to think were should i start to fix it.
maybe in warp.stb or in listzone.stb @.@ last month i already research in forum until now i didnt figure it out how to fix DC warp issue.

Upvote 0
Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
In Arcturus the NCC positions are entirely controlled by the IFO files.

It's very easy to mess something up while uploading your modified files to the client and server VFS.
That's the most likely place where it will all go wrong. Your IFOs can be perfect and everything can look like it should work but it will all fail because the files for some bizarre reason end up in the wrong spot in the VFS of the data.idx file can end up pointing at the wrong version of your modified IFO.
I've had issues with that kind of stuff for years. It still drives me nuts when I modify something and it just refuses to appear in the game properly.
Trust me. It's ALWAYS a user error that stops it from displaying and 90% of the time it's just that the files didn't get placed into the VFS properly.

In your case. It's only the IFO files that matter. No other file is involved at all other than the STB where the NPC data is stored.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
all working like a charm :D tnx Py.
btw. can i ask u a tool a working Con editor.
i want to make a new lua. but i failed to put it in con file?
what is the prob.?

Upvote 0
Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Working on it. Apparently my old one is screwing up under win7 and later.

Upvote 0
Back