Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ms.wok

Reaction score
Well, ive been reading the file for 10 minutes and i found the format, atm im working on what each value means (i already know about some). So its like:

60 bytes header,
4 bytes, a 4 byte int which shows how many records are to follow,
n x 148 bytes (n depending on previous field).

Each record contains info about the map. The name is clearly visible and so far i found some more information (like map dimensions). Tip: most fields are floating point.

I still havent released the sma editor v2 cause im not in mood to make the configuration window, where you actually set the path of the client and the server for input information. So im gonna replace the map.cfg reading feature with a ms.wok reading thingy.

Hopefully this will motivate someone, more updates on this are to come.

PS: I have attached the results from a ms.wok file i found. Youre welcome to try and make sense of it, ive got no time for it atm. If you find something post it.

PanKJ.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
Apparently very few guys paid attention to it and noone managed to figure out what the data means. So, im given the chance to ask again: should i release my progress if noone but me contributes for it? I dont think so.

Retired (Goddamn idiots)
Reaction score
I'm surprised you thought that the leechers here would be interested in any sort of development.
Unless you hand it to them on a silver plate, with a golden spoon and a sippy cup, they will not bother.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I risked a look in this file, but I think there must be an mistake in it. Why all outpost-maps, EventMap "9000", ArenaMap, and I would bet some things more?
Could there be a mistake by parsing, or didn't you parse the whole file?
Well, H and I are (of cause) the maps dimensions. More I will try to find out tomorrow..

Reaction score
The file is correct. Not sure from which version but it is correct. Apparently its not full or some stuff isnt required. As i said map dimensions are present.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

I'm surprised you thought that the leechers here would be interested in any sort of development.
Unless you hand it to them on a silver plate, with a golden spoon and a sippy cup, they will not bother.

I didnt think that, just thought id show them how inactive and not developing they are even when they have the chance.

Back