• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

MSSQL now supports CentOS (Linux) -> One mashine?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys,

i have read an articel that says, that Microsoft now published his SQL Service (MSSQL) to support Linux (CentOS). :eek:tt:

Link:

Until now it was recommended to run MSSQL on a Windows Mashine and CentOS on a Linux Mashine (VMware). I know that Cabal Server Files doenst support MySQL (already Linux-support, but you have to recode it, don't want to), only MSSQL (until now no Linux-support) works fine.
Is it now possible to just run ONE CentOS Mashine using MSSQL for Linux -> Just one mashine? :love:
Probably test it today afternoon, but wanna know if some of you already have experience in that.

Greets,
Robin

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I believe our dear moderator AzureSensei already uses SQL on Linux for his server so, yes, you can run CABAL on one machine with no VM's now.

Upvote 0
Back