Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mu Connection Algorythm

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys

Hey guys can anyone explain how the connection to a Mu server works? I got OGOCX source and, tough I am able to run and connect, the sources have no comments and I am having a hard time understanding the steps to connect to the game. I am not a C++ programmer but I code in other languages and have a good knowing of both procedural and OOP programming.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
MuOnline connection is primary based on this...

its IOCP based.

Actually I was looking for an algorithm-like explanation of the connections protocol, because the code in the sources I got dont have any substantial comments. I even believe the comments were erased on purpose to harden any non-c++ coder to crack and port it to other programming languages.

Yes because, let's face it, we dont need to run a Mu Online season 6 server in a C++ executable anymore. I successfully cracked the connectserver from yesterday to today analising the packets, while I got almost no success reading the source code (that again, appears to be made as difficult to read as it can get, on purpose).

I made a working connectserver in visual basic 6 for testing and learning purposes. I will keep on this for a while but soon I will try to find out how to make the dataserver and joinserver work with MySQL over ODBC instead of awfull and heavy MS SQL Server.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
This may be helpful for you:
Network packet descriptions ->
Algorithms etc. ->

But VB6, seriously...?
And the sources you have found are really that bad, they were not made worse on purpose šŸ¤£

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This may be helpful for you:
Network packet descriptions ->
Algorithms etc. ->

But VB6, seriously...?
And the sources you have found are really that bad, they were not made worse on purpose šŸ¤£
Whoa thanks very much bro. And I like VB6 for speed testing and tools I use for myself, but I would use Lua or VB.Net for developing a real production server. I see no point using NodeJS because there's someone already trying to make this port and I really hate Python. But even if I try to make it in VB6, if you know some workarounds, it could be a very powerfull programming tool. For starters, it can access low level windows APIs, create objects and even inject assembly/machine code into other processes. But again, thanks.

Upvote 0
Back