• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[MU Online] Neo 76573 Miracle Union - Looking for additional Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi guys.
You may remember me as the server owner of the former 76573 Miracle Union, it's a custom item-oriented server I set up with some of my friends to practice my 3D modeling skills (no really) after I finished school and the server's turnouts decreased, I shut down the server.

Recently, my friends ask me to reopen the server and provided a VPS, so I reopened it using DragonSeth's IGC Season 9 repack. I still aim to have a custom-oriented server, but it soon becomes clear that because of my daytime work taking off too much of my time, I cannot do everything by myself, hence I'm posing this thread.

Namely, I'm hiring the following staff:

The Positions
Quartermaster
You'll be in charge of adding and balancing the custom items, maps and mobs we add into the server, this comes with GameMaster Privilege.
You need to know how various aspects of MU Online works, including how the various BMD and server files are set up. If you don't, it's alright, you'll have to learn.

Talents required by this position:
Ability to edit server/client files to add new items onto the server and testing them.
Ability to add new maps and mobs to the servers, and balancing them.
Ability to edit server files to set up other balance/gameplay related resources (ItemBox, Monster Spots, etc.)
Most importantly: The willingness to learn new things and research for things unknown. You'll be tested on this, details below.

Talents not required, but would be a big plus:
Understanding of English, Chinese and Japanese
The ability to work with MMD/SMD files
If you have those talents, I'll ensure you get the benefits matching those.

Promotion Master / Moderator
You'll be in charge of promoting our server, including but not limiting to advertising, making promotional materials and hosting various events in-game. Thus you'll also receive GameMaster Privilege in-game, and Mod status on our forums.
You need to know how to draw players in and make them stay on our server.

Talents required by this position:
Good working with other people and players and know what others would want.
The ability to promote our server using various methods.
and also more importantly: The willingness to learn new things and research for things unknown. You'll be tested on this, details below.

Talents nor required, but would be a big plus:
Understanding of English, Chinese and Japanese
Understanding of Japanese Anime/Manga/Games/subculture (which will make you a weeb, yes, I guess)
The ability to work with Photoshop or other image post-processing software
The ability to create videos using Premiere/After Effect/etc.
If you have those talents, I'll ensure you get the benefits matching those.

Contact Me
If you think you have what it takes, you can contact me through the following ways:
Discord Server:
QQ Group: 236278744

We have our website and game set up, but the client currently on the website is outdated, you should request a new client from me after getting in touch:

Now, before you go and contact me, here's THE TEST I mentioned, you're supposed to provide to me the correct answer to the below question when we make contact or you'll be 100% rejected! This is a test of your logic and the ability to do simple research based on google searches.

THE TEST
As you may or may not know, one of the good things about Season 8+ Servers is that we can freely decide where to load our item bmd files, in our cases, I decided to place the custom models in a custom folder, then further divide them by batches in sub-folders so it'll be easier to manage.
Here's my current Custom Models folder:
NWKXLrl - [MU Online] Neo 76573 Miracle Union - Looking for additional Staff - RaGEZONE Forums

Now say that I need to add 5 more subfolders to place more series of items, how would I name them?
Here are your hints:
I'll make 5 exact folders, no more, no less. It's because those names follow a pattern, and adding 5 for this batch is the only way to not break the pattern. There is also only 1 set of correct answers.

Thank you, and good luck!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back