Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Multiserver - Clone-Starting MachineManager

Retired
Reaction score
Well, as popularity gaining fact, people were asking for multiservers, regarding by gameservers being hosted more than once at a time (not entire new server clusters, don't confuse that with each other). Splitting the amount of mobs and such.
A simple task, if properly added with parent_- and child_nodes according to new nodes.

My current minor issue is: I am not able to start a second machine manager.
No. I am not aiming for a splitted server, my purpose is going for a low and high/test server.
My friends should be able to keep playing while I am able to progress and achieve new stuff for the server without disturbing the main server, or even being forced to restart it once or multiple times. You dig? So, #JustDoIt .

I am not aiming for a "Host MachineManager on Server 1 and the other one at Server 2".
Makes for me no sense. Having a server rig with 32GB RAM and am going to use em properly.

For example, both MachineManagers have to run on 127.0.0.1(/192.168.1.20), not on 192.168.1.20 (PC) and 192.168.1.25 (lets say Laptop).

Testrunning the certification and such works. Booting up Server 1 works as well.
Server 2 should work on the same machine, but not able to test it, since MachineManager 899 ... having no clue running it with an instance.
Anyone experienced anything regarding to this so far?
Databases are set up. Only log and shard needed to be "cloned".

Edit:
Without the option VM btw. VM usually creeps out my SSD, no matter if I force it to save and register all stuff on a different hard drive.

As I know that "Multiclienting" with different games is possible while using the Win 7 feature "Impersonate Run", which means running an application as USER B while being logged as USER A, is not working with the MachineManager. (Tho my client is working, lol, never noticed that).
Trying to debug the client won't work properly.
MM won't start up properly, if booted via ollydbg, and if running a MM manually and trying to run the second MM via ollydbg won't show any kind of action. The program is kind of missing some specific scripts being run externally ...

VM ... hopefully not my only option for this crap.

AFAIK, there is a parameter, which denies being executed multiple times afterall. The process checker of the MachineManager needs to be deactivated, but my ollydbg versions are not able to run the MM properly, for what reason ever. Tho, works fine for example Manual-/Ollydbg-Gameserver started instances.

Joymax. It is how it is. Bad coding.

Loving arrogant germans.
Golum aka Syloxx, ePvP-Sc**bag.
Hello,

i got bored the last hours and tried to run 2 gameservers on 1 machine.

In fact, I was successful.

blapanda - Multiserver - Clone-Starting MachineManager - RaGEZONE Forums

Problem:
i cant activate the service of the 2nd gameserver

If someone is interested to solve the problem with me and got some networking knowledge feel free to add me in skype

Networking Tree:
Spoiler:

Father of god.
be4 u can help me you should come that far ;)
Uuuuuh huuuuu buuuuuuh.

Your whining gets annoying after a while.
How about stopping to act like a pro and rather become one? You current knowledge is just limited and stuck to PHP.

With at least an IQ of 75, everybody is able to host a split-hosting server on the main rig in addition with a VM in the background.
And I am not aiming for this kind of server hosting, using a main rig and a VirtualMachine/second rig.

You are already failing on the ini files. Wanna be developer.
Take a closer look to the server cluster. Noticing it? 2 seperated servers running in the instance.
So, do me a favor and stfu.

You are always messing around with the wrong people, fleek.

Go back to ePvPs, leave this Forum.

Last edited:
Back