Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

My 2nd Web deisgn

Reaction score
C&C only. Not any trolls.

Cyndaquil - My 2nd Web deisgn - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
Well , first of Photoshop has rulers , use it to position items , the menu items are not symmetrical. Menu shadow could be smaller. There is only 1 menu and 1 slider , there is not much to C&C on it. Add some more , be creative. The logo looks cool , but it's also not symmetrical.

You can also use for image place holders , and you can use for text place holders. There are tons of styles , patterns , and even more of websites out there you can inspire yourself on. Also the smaller the fonts , the better , it gives a simplistic look , which is the mainstream nowadays. Usually font sizes are 12 to 11 px , but I've seen smaller too , though it becomes unreadable bellow 11px on high resolutions.

Selfish Bastard
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Than web design is not for you. You need to know at least basic HTML to be able to turn a .psd into a working website.

I'm selling kinda alot of Website without even need of coding those, but i can code if needed, but it's not always needed...

Than web design is not for you. You need to know at least basic HTML to be able to turn a .psd into a working website.

I'm selling kinda alot of Website without even need of coding those, but i can code if needed, but it's not always needed...

I like that logo, but rest isn't really good, you don't even have the texts on the navigation aligned in the center...

Numero uno tagger.
Reaction score
It doesn't look that different, if you know what you're doing you can make almost an exact replica of the .psd

hello
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I like that logo, but rest isn't really good, you don't even have the texts on the navigation aligned in the center...
But you know how to, that's the point
I said that because usually after coding things look different , especially the content font faces.
You are correct on that they should have basic knowledge, but not exactly because of that.
It doesn't look that different, if you know what you're doing you can make almost an exact replica of the .psd
But making it fully crossbrowser exact replica could be arguable.

Usually when we hire webdesigners we expect the to have basic knowledge of HTML/CSS so they would not produce something that's:
1) Not possible to code/style/etc ( we are talking in a way it would be crossbrowser and functional )
2) They will design something that doesnt look so superb but will require poop load of WebDev work, because it wasn't designed well/efficiently.

As for the design itself, I'm sorry man but as it has been said there is not much to rate.

Web & Interaction Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The header seems a little bulky, but bare. I don't like the slightly transparent navigation, it's too solid and seems like it's just sitting there. Also, there's a great big space between your navigation and the content. When overlaying dropdown menus, they don't typically push content down, so, try and design as though everything's under-state, and add the menu over the top. Also, content seems bare and the news box should probably spread the whole width of the navigation too.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Oh dont be alarmed, portfolio section isnt trolled by anybody :)
anyway, thats much better then your first design, considering you stopped the bevel and emboss.
as people have already said, allign your text, and idk how much of a good background that is, i'd suggest switching it with some image that would compliment the site or just add some patterns or like...look at tiretism's latest design for example, the background is built of a few colors, patterns and stuff, it looks good on sleek-themed sites.
i suggest putting the login on the navigation bar too.

Back