• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Need a lil info.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As I can remember there is only 2 server's right? RMC and RMI (Redmoon classic and Redmoon Inferno) I want to make a server of my own and etc. What type of computer specs do I need to make a server? And what do I need.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well you would need the server files, .net asp, sql, as for server power that depends on the size of the community you want to build.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
as much as i know. Only redmoon classic is still around. but its regular exp who wants to play that.. ive had enough of playing regular exp when redmoon was actually around.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Redmoon Inferno is still around at .
Also, Undying Dream is still out there. It's down for the moment but will be back soon.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
True undying dream should be back soon as it says on the site. Really good community of people. Scars really dedicated to expanding it and making new items and weapons which is good if u want something new out of Redmoon. Plus. its been the longest running redmoon server ever since Redmoon went under. even though its down you wont be disappointed when it goes up.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm really waiting for UD to come up, I don't wanna play Inferno...So, I'll wait untill UD comes out, I can't be bothered playing Inferno..It's like RMC but higher rates. If worse comes to worse I'll make my own server.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
im debating on making my own server with high rates cuz the low rates suck.. and a private server is to have fun. if your interested to help u can PM me

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As far as hardware goes, I'm using one of these:

The SCSI RAID array is great for performance.

Keep in mind that you can run the map servers and the database on two different machines. You can also split up the maps across multiple machines.

Make sure to keep your machine behind a firewall and to sanitize inputs on any web scripts that access the database. Never pass input from a web page directly into a scripted query against your database.

Back