Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Need Feedback] Launcher

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I started working on my own launcher, its pretty basic so far, but could you take a look and tell me if you like it or not, and where I need improvements (other than the downloading and installing).

I have embedded the major dependent files, if you need the other 2 (that would crash if it I embedded them) I have uploaded them as well. You SHOULD have the other files, if not just go to google and type the name of it and download, should be in the top 3 results.

Oh yah for the update, it just downloads a copy of the launcher named update but thats just to know that it works.

And yes, Im going to be changing the announcement page.

Thanks for your time.

(And yes, I am Gondie)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

If you need the other files ill upload them, watchin a movie right now.

Upvote 0
Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thank you.

I managed to make it let me download the other files--at 2.5KB/s

Thanks for uploading that for me. I'm watching a good movie too, I know it sucks to have to stop watching :p

EDIT: Ok, I just tried it.

As far as feedback goes, I'd say just make it look more like the official launcher, but have it like the NAGunz launcher where it downloads things directly, rather than torrenting.

But it's a good launcher nonetheless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Master Summoner
Reaction score
what version do u use?

im downloading v6 (about 630mb?) but I think 2005 is newer, but I dont know if thats a full client since its smaller.....

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I know Visual Basic, if you need help contactme.
Also, i wanna know if you can post the source code. Thanks

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'd like to see people making dif launchers :p It'll be really nice..

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol, i just started codeing one in c++ last night, it downloads a text file off the site that has the files to update then updates them. you can also choose what folder to put the downloads in. still working out a couple bugs then have to make a better interface but as of now it works fine.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I disabled the browse dir feature in mine, its supposed to be in your gunz folder to begin with............................

Right now I just have it running off of an ini file, Going to add options for which updates to download later (example: personal patches like bgm, and priority patches like the updated dependent files for gunz)

I don't know about releasing This source code, but I might release the one I made befor this (freezes when reading the script, if you can fix it you can use it, I got pissed off and quit)

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
the reason i made it so you can browser for the folder is some people(like me) make backup copys of there gunz folder for pservers so i can still play on the official servers. i wouldn't use a downloader that wouldn't let me chooser where the files where to go.

Upvote 0
Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Right now I'm trying to learn more VB.NET to attempt my own launcher.

I'm taking it at school right now, and I don't think we cover any web-based functions like that, so I have to learn this stuff on my own.

Ah well, it's good practice I guess.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
vb is to easy, working with sockets in vb is like writhing a note in notepad. socets in c++ isn't much harder but the code for evething else is more tricky.

i just decided to scratch the one i started lastnight(used mfc to start it) and am wrighting one from scratch, custom layout making it look more like an official launcher and this one will actually launch the game not just update.

i'm also going to incuse a custom site to go with it so that people can register right from the launcher(good idea for anyone else making one). depending on how much free time i have i might add a couple other nice things to it.

Upvote 0
Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
vb is to easy, working with sockets in vb is like writhing a note in notepad. socets in c++ isn't much harder but the code for evething else is more tricky.

i just decided to scratch the one i started lastnight(used mfc to start it) and am wrighting one from scratch, custom layout making it look more like an official launcher and this one will actually launch the game not just update.

i'm also going to incuse a custom site to go with it so that people can register right from the launcher(good idea for anyone else making one). depending on how much free time i have i might add a couple other nice things to it.

Thanks for the idea. I'm gonna see about adding a register thing to mine too I guess.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Almost done with the site, can already launch the game with mine (I wish I could add command line perimeters to Gunz.exe so it can only be launched from my launcher)

Upvote 0

mts

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i think delphi is the most hard of these languages...

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i think delphi is the most hard of these languages...

your joking right? delphi is based off of c++ so that its easyer to work with but dosn't have all of the benefits.

delphi is alot easyer to use the c++ but it is more dificult then vb. vb is the starting point for people that want to learn how to do real programing. but learning vb can made you develop some bad habits when you start doing more advancec programing like c++,c#,c#.net or even just basic c.

yea know i never looked into it, what is the command line argument to launch gunz.exe(i've always just made runnables)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not sure? Guess would could put a packet sniffer on gunzlauncher and see what it returns? I'll do that tomorrow

Upvote 0
Master Summoner
Reaction score
I got Visual Basic now (6.0 Enterprise Edition) but I dont understand poop. I got like 10 programs >< all called something with Visual Basic

(C++, 6.0, 6.0 Enterprise, FoxPro, Interdev, blabla)

I tried em all but I dont understand shyt T_T how to import gunzlauncher into it?

Upvote 0
Back