Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Need help rebuild a fake DDS texture file.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm trying to convert a .jit(Aika Online texture file) to .dds, someone in an Aika forum thats dead, informed that .jit file are just a .dds with a fake header, and it can be converted simply by changing JT31 to DXT1, in a file header, the bytes that form JT31 are 4A 54 33 31 and in a dds file DXT1 is 44 58 54 31, I tried replacing the 4 bytes 4A 54 33 31 to 44 58 54 31, and saving the file as a dds but image editors dont recognize it as a dds.

I'm not a programmer, just tryng to do some modding, there was a jit to dds converter in a forum but nowadays its inactive.
if someone could help me I'd be pleased.

I'll attach a .jit file and a .dds samle for comparison.
1st image is the .jit.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Você sabe porque alguma ficam assim? cheias de artefatos? algumas vezes da certo mas algumas imagens saem bugadas :/

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
English

Thats caused by the DDS compression type, the JT35 in the JIT Header indicates thats the original DDS is using the DXT5 compression, there are others JITs with JT31 and 33 headers, the conversion type is as follows:

JT31 - DXT1
JT33 - DXT3
JT35 - DXT5
When making the dds you have to verify the jit to see the type of compression its using, to make the dds acordingly.

Português-BR

Por causa do tipo de compressão do dds, o JT-35 no header do JIT indica qual o tipo de compressão usado, no caso DXT5, tem outros JIT com header JT-31 e 33 sendo assim:

JT31 - DXT1
JT33 - DXT3
JT35 - DXT5
Aí na hora de criar o dds tem que verificar no jit qual o tipo de compressão e criar o dds de acordo.

Attachments

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, I believe that the JT31 files are 3D files, while the DDS are compressed textures, I'm not sure but perhaps you need to identify the textures in the JT31 so you can extract them later.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I believe that the JT31 files are 3D files, while the DDS are compressed textures, I'm not sure but perhaps you need to identify the textures in the JT31 so you can extract them later.
JT31 is a flag used to identy the type of DDS compression JT31=DXT1

Back