• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

need help with mmorpg feature

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey i need help ! arg ! anyway lets start at the start ... basically im a noob coder and i know very little about coding and most of what i have learned has been from this site, anyway i decided to create a online text based MMORPG written in PHP. Its StarGate Sg-1 themed but basically i need/want to add a bonus feature to those who donate to help me pay the hosting fees, among various other things (like staying alive !!!) anyway like i said i know very little about coding and i dont know how to do it i have the rest of the MMORPG ready for me to put onto hosting but i just need some way for people who donate via the little paypal donate thingy to get bonus's ... could any one please help me ? If anyone would be willing to help me with this and possibly some future help i would be willing to pay a % of the donations from my site to them for there help, for as long as my game is online .Thank you for reading this .

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Omg.. You don't know how to do that but you do want to create your own text based MMORPG?

Good luck :D

Now go learn SQL, databasemanagement, SQL security, PHP coding techniques and quite a lot of other stuff you need to know if you want to make your own RPG :D

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
the rpg is made already i just dont know how to do that if its as easy as you seem to say you could have it written for me in 2 seconds, no ?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Revan I understand you are probably frustrated because you don't understand much about programming. We are not phsycic how we are suppose to know how to integrate code into a php game we've never even seen because for one you didn't give us any information.

So why don't you take some time in your threads & posts and we won't have this problem.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes, I can write that in about 2 minutes. It would look something like

'$donated = getDonateStatus($userID)

if($donated) {
insert special user abality

function getDonateStatus ($userID) {
$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM users WHERE userID = '$userID' AND donated = 'yes'", getDB());
return mysql_num_rows($query);
**'

Point is, I do not know what your userdatabase looks like. I do not know what kind'a special abillity someone needs to have if donated. I do not know how that special abillity would look like in code. The only one who does is the one who has the sourcecode for the game, which is you. So unless you expect someone to go searching trough your sourcecode and write it for you, you'll have to do it yourself.

However, since nobody is going to read an extensive source just to help you, you'd better learn how to do it yourself. Its called doing something for your money. If you're not willing to spend time into learning how your game works, you don't deserve donations IMHO.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
FragFrog said:
Omg.. You don't know how to do that but you do want to create your own text based MMORPG?

Good luck :D

Now go learn SQL, databasemanagement, SQL security, PHP coding techniques and quite a lot of other stuff you need to know if you want to make your own RPG :D

Owned? :zorro:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think you should rather start learning to program first!

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Mario_Party said:
best resource ever :)

Truer words were never spoken :)

[N]asser` ~ Out

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Mario_Party said:
even better