Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Need help with modding a game

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So I'm trying to replace some of the game's voices with custom voices, but all the sound files are packed into some kind of extention that I don't know (.spf) For example there's a file called BGM.spf that contains all the bgm for the game, so the client probably has some way of taking that file and breaking it up.

How would I go about unpacking this file? Where do I start and what tools would I need? I opened a small .spf file in a text editor (sublimetext) and got lines that looked like this:

5c57 215b 04f8 2199 d632 c60d 2a9e 71a8
... etc

the .spf files seem to be used for much of the data, not just sound. Even some options files are in .spf, though the majority are for music and voices.

I'm not very experienced in low-level programming, but can someone give me some tips on where to start with this? If I figure out how to interpret this I can possibly make a tool to pack/unpack files for this game.

The game I'm working with is Navy Field 2 by the way.

Thanks!​

Back