Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Need nice webserver for create account..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey all..
i am kinda new here and ive used Bobsobols PersonalPT server files..i followed the guide and all..
now i come to the part to make the Server acc/GM acc/ my acc and i try to get to the page where do do that but something's wrong with my webserver..

Somebody knows a nice/working webserver for noobs to make my acc xD
bobsobols's PPT uses babyweb but thats doesend work's out verry well..

(P.S. i get this error when i try to put the webserver on: ~Check code below~ :maybe i should try on another port or something??)
Code:
Web Server failed to start on port 80.

(if i run babyweb on port 81 i can connect to it but if i register it cant login to my sql account acc name 'sa')

Bobsobol's PPT guide:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f399/personal-priston-tale-612785/

When i run my webserver 'Babyweb' on port 81
i get this error code after i register:
Code:
Script error detected at line 9. 
Source line: Conn.open DSNtest 
Description: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'sa'.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The message "Web Server failed to start on port 80." means you are already running another webserver. Adding a third would be disastrous. You should be able to use Babyweb after you turn your existing web server off, or you could turn off Babyweb and try to use the ASP page in your whatever you where using before you installed Babyweb.

The script error indicates that the password for the "sa" account is not correct in the ASP page. So check that as well. (I hope you remember what you set. ^_^)

The reason I included Babyweb is because it is by far the easiest web-server for newcomers, (the only servers I've seen which are easier are on BeOS or , but they don't support ASP) but since you clearly already run web services from your machine, you probably don't need it. OTOH, if you are not aware that you are running your PC as a web host, then you are really in trouble. XD Never mind, we'll see if we can't sort you out none the less. :D:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
HAHA well im f****.. xD
dont know i was running a webserver from my PC.. Damn
... any way to solve this problem??

also i cant see first 1/2 post xD

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmm... well, the two most common web servers to find on peoples machines (that they didn't know they where running) are Apache, (usually in the form of ) or IIS, which is included with Windows XP+, but not usually enabled by default.

You can look for XAMPP or Apache in "Add & Remove Programs" in the XP/2K Control Panel or the "Programs and Features" Control Panel in Vista / Seven. IIS would be ticked in Additional Features off of that main panel. :wink:

Try those first...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Didnt find any of those in my PC (win7 btw xD)

what i did found was this:

Code:
~Maps\Minecraft\PluginMaker\eclipse\plugins\org.[COLOR="#0000FF"]apache[/COLOR].ant_1.8.2.v20120109-1030
but i dont think that has anything to do with this? xD

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Possibly not.

However, it's not uncommon for private servers to install a web server... which is why you should never install more than one per-machine, and one of the reasons I always recommend that PT servers be installed on a Virtual Machine or clean Windows install. At least first time around. Once you've determined all the dependencies of a server service, you can consider strategies for combining their function on a single OS install.

Try using (from Microsoft TechNet, SysInternals) to determine which process is holding port 80 open and listening.

Reaction score
Do you have TeamViewer installed by any chance?
For some reason this interferes with port 80

To disable it open te4am viewer and follow the directions:
Extras > Options > Advanced > Show Advanced Options
Then under the Advanced Network Settings you must tick, "Don't use incoming ports 80 and 443"

Should then work for you perfect.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Also skype runs on port 80, if you're trying to run the xampp-control it won't start if you have skype running at the same time it won't work. I just thought about it when SunnyZ were talking about TeamViewer :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Haha LOL THX sunnyZ and swezid :)
i had none of the programs on my pc bobsobol said..
but i got skype AND teamviewer xD

_EDIT_
still cant get it to work xD

there is any other option??.. or there is another program? like windows live messenger

Last edited:
Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Yeah Windows Live Messenger is running partly at port 80 during the startup of it anyways. But I think you can see in CMD what ports that are open or listening, etc. cmd -> (right click and run it as admin.) if you haven't activated your administrator account already -> netstat -an

Then you should get a list of ports that are used etc. But i'll try to do some researched for you in order to help you with your issue. Unless someone else know exactly what your problem is and therefore can help you straight on :)

Sincerely,
Swezid

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
should i look in local adress or extern adress... there was one port open at local and some at extern..

here is what i get:

Code:
Active connections:
C:\Users\Tuur>netstat -o -n -a |findstr 0.0:80
[COLOR="#0000FF"]TCP    0.0.0.0:80             0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING       4396[/COLOR]

C:\Users\Tuur>

appearently the only programms thats opening port 80 is babyweb itselves.. dunno realy what to do now..
no progamms are running on port 80 or 443 so i think the webserver sucks d*** and i am goignt o give XAMPP a try...

Last edited:
Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Personally i'd recommend you to use xampp, not just because a lot of people use it. It's because it's simple-to-use (that's just my opinion) but when I started off with it (when I were new to this) it was way easier to understand curtian things than with other webserver programs. So give it a try :] i'm way better to help with xampp stuff than with other webserver stuff haha :p

If you get into any trouble whilst trying to set up your xampp feel free to send me a PM, or just write here :]

Sincerely,
Swezid

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i got babyweb get to work after looking around a little on the net..
i just reinstalled babyweb xD worked fine :)
now i get this massage:
Code:
Web Server started on port 80.
Client connected from 192.168.0.163
Error processing: /
Response: 400 Bad Request
Client disconnected from 192.168.0.163
Error processing: /favicon.ico

what the hell this means? xD

_____About-Apache-for-swezid_____

i am intalling it right now. (i will uninstall babyweb)
i need to chose some things:

Service selection:
install apache as service
install mysql as service
install filezilla as service

i need to do any of these? xD

also where do i place my HTML file and my ASP..

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah Windows Live Messenger is running partly at port 80 during the startup of it anyways.
I believe it is simply looking up it's adverts on the Microsoft Ad server. It's opening outgoing ports, the same as a browser, not listening ports like a server.

The difference is like file locks. If you open a database file (lets say, and Excel spreadsheet) for editing on a network share, if anybody else tries to open it they are told that they can only read, and any changes they make will be lost. Same thing here, you can run as many web-browsers (read only) on port 80 as you like, but you can only run one web server (read/write) on port 80 at once. :wink:
i got babyweb get to work after looking around a little on the net..
i just reinstalled babyweb xD worked fine :)
now i get this massage:
Code:
Web Server started on port 80.
Everything is fine.
Code:
Error processing: /
There is no default document for the virtual root, requesting the URL without a valid object has been denied, as you have specified. Everything is normal.
Code:
Error processing: /favicon.ico
There is no favicon.ico in the virtual root, so I declined the request for it as you have specified. Everything is normal.

Those codes are standard HTTP response codes. Every server gives them. The client should disconnect each time it has completed a request and received a valid response. The log shows everything working as specified. Though you should set an index.html in the virtual root (That's whatever folder maps to "http://myhostname/") or such for the root object (typically "http://myhostname/index.html" or htm, or default.htm etc. depending on server) so visitors don't have to guess what URL to find the home page.

I wouldn't recommend XAMPP for PT, simply because it will never handle the one ASPX (ASP.Net) file which PT requires for Clans... however, neither does Babyweb. You pretty much need to use IIS for that. :(:

IIS is not noob friendly... but it's easier than Apache without the fluff that the XAMPP package comes with. It's also smaller and faster than Apache on Windows. The time to use Apache, with or without XAMPP, is when you are running Linux. While on Windows, almost anything is preferable to Apache, IMHO.
It is just my opinion, but if you are going to run software written for Unix, you should use a POSIX compliant OS. If you are going to run Windows, you should probably use software that is designed for Windows. I don't mind using little GNU tools for the command line, or syntax equivalent replicas of them, and there are programs like Firefox, Chrome or OpenOffice (Libra Office) which are designed to be cross-platform beyond POSIX from the get-go.

But Apache expects a POSIX base, lacks features on Windows, lacks securities on Windows, cannot take advantage of Windows securities and features without breaking it's core, and target audience and has to be filled with slow and sizeable code to fake Windows into looking like Unix. Even to the extent of faking Unix APIs in Windows just to support a routine which mimics functionality which is already included in Windows core OS. It's just crackers.

Most Apache mods to support ASP actually implement a complete second script engine often in Java / Javascript! They have to assume that the host OS doesn't natively support Microsofts non-POSIX script engine... which, of course, only Windows does; and Apache isn't written for Windows. It's only ported back to Windows after it works flawlessly on Linux. XD Yet you are using a Unix tool on Windows to simulate a server architecture which is native to Windows. You see? It just doesn't seem like a sensible way to go.
If you wanted to use or such, (which is still not Windows specific, but the Windows port works more natively) and bolt on an ASP engine that uses FastCGI via WSH that would make much more sense. (I've seen that done, but can't find the link just now) The Lighttpd equivalent to Apaches XAMPP package would be , and you could try something like to get ASP.Net for the Clan file. ^_^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the thing is when i do:
http://"my-ip"
like i used to do before..
i get a white page with nothing on it..
and the same with:
http://"my-ip"/index.html

or what hostname i need to use? xD

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, unless and until you set DNS services for your LAN (something provided by a Domain Controller in Windows Active Directory management, but also possible via 3rd party programs or any other decent OS) or on-line, if you have a static IP, you can just use "localhost" from your own PC. You may be able to use the PCs Workgroup name from other Windows PCs. (depends how your services are set) Or you could also name your PC in your etc/hosts file and use any name you like there.

My guess is that re-installing Babyweb has set a different folder for the Virtual Root. Check it's config, and point it to the folder with index.html. That should resolve the issue.

Back