• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook pagefor updates, or we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.)

New custom skills

Modeler / C++ Coder
Developer
Reaction score
rigging that desently so it deforms nice wouldnt be to easy nope :D.. animating that on the other hand shouldnt be much of a problem if the rigging is good enough

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
totaly off topic but would be cool to make a special system for that.. it would be alot easyer to add mounts with a system thats capable to load in a second rigging under the character so that the actual character's rigging just enters a "riding state" keeping the actual rigging intact and acting normal but its higher in the air and animated like its riding a mount.. then below it it loads the actual mount with its coresponding animations and placing... well there are loads of things to think about just like that.. but once again.. im not a coder :D

btw.. sick model.. looks great!

That was my thought, I´m sure the coders here would be able to make that possible. And thanks.

Awesome yes, the animation would take some time, but giving him the correct bones and motions so it doesnt look crappy takes years :D
3ds ripper max ftw :D

Actually I used a importer for the meshes. I had to go through around 300 to find the correct model. The advantage to 3ds ripper is that this model already has bones, so it´s ready for animating. Also, the model was originally imported to 3DS Max, so someone could work on it with that and export it using the official exporter which works better than the blender one.

The only problem I had was that I had to seperate the Mesh myself and apply the fitting textures, which took a few hours.

Affenzirkus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That was my thought, I´m sure the coders here would be able to make that possible. And thanks.

Actually I used a importer for the meshes. I had to go through around 300 to find the correct model. The advantage to 3ds ripper is that this model already has bones, so it´s ready for animating. Also, the model was originally imported to 3DS Max, so someone could work on it with that and export it using the official exporter which works better than the blender one.

The only problem I had was that I had to seperate the Mesh myself and apply the fitting textures, which took a few hours.

So you got that Dragon Model already finished, only missing Animations?
Im sure you can animate him easly if you got the rest of it by yourself if not im sure maty or me can help you with that small problem.

Maybe a coder is interested to try getting it into kal?
So you could hand him out the files if he promise to publish it or sharing the work with you (or the owner of the model).
Would love to see if its possible.

Modeler / C++ Coder
Developer
Reaction score

hehe :p thought you actualy made the model from scratch urself at first.. and it just takes time to get it game ready.
most of the tedius and time consuming work is already done on it ^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Stuff like this proves that KalOnline still isn't dead :) Good luck, would love to see some new skills.

btw maty, marcus here if you remember me

Back