• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

New PC Spec

Smo

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking into purchasing this computer - how does it all look? Good? I'm not exactly knowledgable when it comes to hardware, just curious about the spec etc.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
i saw it on nvidia.com it got CRAZY good scores
nice buy

Reaction score
Yeah.... The best stuff out there... And you are asking if it's good... Well... It's over priced for sure...

I'm planning on getting something very similar...

QX6700
2x 8800GTX
2gb Performance RAM
680i motherboard

The difference is that it's only costing me $2500usd. Then if you throw in the cost of 2gb more ram ($200), case($150), some hdds($250), good PSU($200), and some burners($60)...

It will still just be $3360... And that's without the useless Physix card which costs another $250...

So he is changing over $1k usd just to make the bloody thing for you... And the funny thing is... Those video cards won't fit in that case... 7900GTX barely fits in it. Forget about the longer 8800GTX.

If you are really going to be spending that much money on a computer... Learn how to build one yourself. You can get so much more with it.

How about getting dual quad-core 3ghz Xenons with a single 8800GTX. Now that'll be a kick butt system that you'll never have to worry about upgrading the CPU for about 5 years...

NoPeace - out

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
How about getting dual quad-core 3ghz Xenons with a single 8800GTX. Now that'll be a kick butt system that you'll never have to worry about upgrading the CPU for about 5 years...

NoPeace - out

or how bout the new mac :)

8 core xenon (3.0ghz)
16gb of ram
3tb HDD space

but the GPU lacks
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256MB (single-link DVI/dual-link DVI)
or
2 x NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256MB [Add $149]
or
ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512MB (2 x dual-link DVI) [Add $249]
or
3 x NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256MB [Add $299]

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Crimony Man!!

Are you actually able to afford that comfortably.. or are you yankin a chain? ;) lol.. if so, then wow, you need to give us some fun benchies and such =)

Reaction score
or how bout the new mac :)

8 core xenon (3.0ghz)
16gb of ram
3tb HDD space

but the GPU lacks
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256MB (single-link DVI/dual-link DVI)
or
2 x NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256MB [Add $149]
or
ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512MB (2 x dual-link DVI) [Add $249]
or
3 x NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256MB [Add $299]

Screw Macs. Better to get the PC version.

Crimony Man!!

Are you actually able to afford that comfortably.. or are you yankin a chain? ;) lol.. if so, then wow, you need to give us some fun benchies and such =)

I say he is yanking our chains. =P

Hopefully I can get one of those. Would have bugged my father today for it on the way back from work but the Red Sox game was on and forgot about it. O.O

NoPeace - out

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I say he is yanking our chains. =P

Hopefully I can get one of those. Would have bugged my father today for it on the way back from work but the Red Sox game was on and forgot about it. O.O

NoPeace - out

Rich bugger ;)

-rofl-

Yeah, I probably could afforrd one, but it just isnt worth it, not with the 45nm's right around the corner.. in 2 months youll be able to spend half as much on a more powerful computer ;)

Reaction score
Rich bugger ;)

-rofl-

Yeah, I probably could afforrd one, but it just isnt worth it, not with the 45nm's right around the corner.. in 2 months youll be able to spend half as much on a more powerful computer ;)

More like 6 months. I just don't want to wait until next November to get something. Probably fake a power surge on the other computers and get some more stuff. :icon6:

Meh... I really should ask for one now anyways. Red Sox was on again. O.O

NoPeace - out

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
smo check these ones out... they way more cheaper... + they from a store so u get warrantie :p

its a complete system so u getting ur moneys worth...

edit...

even better...

u can remove the speakers and screen and add extra stuff if u want...

Back