• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

New Theme

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm entirely new here and so I imagine people will think I have no say in this and - right they are. But this is merely a suggestion. So please, don't waste your precious time flaming me for wanting to "change" those forums, cause it's fairly obvious that I am an unknown here at RZ and likely my opinion won't have much weight.

I was just thinking to myself that I always wanted to make a great looking forum skin. Because frankly, all forums I have come across looked rather ugly or far too simple for my taste and that simple fact just happened to turn me off from being too active or contributing.

Now, I am not saying RZ is ugly, because by all means it isn't. I was just thinking, wouldn't it be nice to maybe have something else too? I love Photoshop, however I coding isn't sufficient enough to code a forum skin.

And while I love forums and would absolutely die to make my own skin, while I can design it, I can't code it. So in the end it is quite useless.

But with the friendly help of some people here I imagine it could maybe be done?
Anyhow, just throwing my mind-mish-mush in here!

:$:

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just make a design then pitch it to Dan (Mental). It might not get accepted (hell, if Jhewt's and Kidd's designs won't get accepted, you're going to have to design a Ducking masterpiece), but it won't hurt to try.

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah, as Mike said just pitch it to MentaL. If you can accept criticism and work on any design problems outlined by members you will probably manage to create a design that many people like.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'd be happy to code it and give feedback.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
In all honesty this is the only theme I like. It's simple and easy to use. As nice as other designs are I'd rather stick with this one, themes definitely let me get used to a forum, and tbh this forum is the only forum I've ever liked, not just because of the great community but because of the easy to use, simple theme.

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just make a design then pitch it to Dan (Mental). It might not get accepted (hell, if Jhewt's and Kidd's designs won't get accepted, you're going to have to design a Ducking masterpiece), but it won't hurt to try.

1, Design must be bright - Dan will not accept a dark theme so dont even bother he has eye issues so he cant use them.
2, Subscription Hell - Be prepared to deal with the subscribers ripping you to pieces. I tell you from experince
3, Quality must exceed

If you can accept criticism and work on any design problems outlined by members you will probably manage to create a design that many people like.
Not likely, unless mental decides alone the chances are he will not progress. Why I love ragezone one thing that can not be denied is how set in there ways some people are. Attempting to create a design normally leads to all hell breaking loose in the sub section when its previewed. One of the reasons I wont do a design if it is left up to the sub section as you could produce the best vb design ever and people would still find a million faults with it.

Reaction score
1, Design must be bright - Dan will not accept a dark theme so dont even bother he has eye issues so he cant use them.
2, Subscription Hell - Be prepared to deal with the subscribers ripping you to pieces. I tell you from experince
3, Quality must exceed

Im sorry but, i Ducking love your web designs!! I jizz all over my keyboard whenever i see one of your designs man!! :biggrin:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hm, I see. Tough audience... xD /jk
Actually I admit I was thinking of something rather dark if not to mention black since this one is already bright. But it looks like that would be quite a waste of time. Hm, maybe though, if I get around to it I might toss one in and see how it goes.

Thanks for the earnest feedback!
Oh, and Kidd, those designs are damn sweet :)

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
3, Quality must exceed

Not likely, unless mental decides alone the chances are he will not progress. Why I love ragezone one thing that can not be denied is how set in there ways some people are. Attempting to create a design normally leads to all hell breaking loose in the sub section when its previewed. One of the reasons I wont do a design if it is left up to the sub section as you could produce the best vb design ever and people would still find a million faults with it.
You got ripped to shreds mainly because you didn't accept the criticism people were giving you. That is something that really annoys some people.

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You got ripped to shreds mainly because you didn't accept the criticism people were giving you. That is something that really annoys some people.

Criticism = I think the colour of the latest post needs to be made darker to be easier to see. I also think the background could use some work with a more mmo theme added.

Ballshitism = I don't like it. Sucks. Wtf is this poop. Nah I prefer the current one.

As I normally have to state all the time. Your opinion is not criticism its your own personal taste. Criticism is explaining parts you don't like and giving detailed reasons for any issues you see. I will accept criticism I wont accept ballshitism.

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just give us a god damn theme! Where's Jhewt when y'need him?

Gone,
He has had a number of chances mate. He did not even bother to do one in the end, He started but left it dead.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Tbh I think we should stick with the current theme, other themes would put me off, it's just the simplicity of this one I love.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, just throwing this in here, no one said to permanently change it. There's a theme selection after all! :eek:

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Don't you have the choice on which theme you are shown when you log in? So if people don't like the theme they can use the original.

I also wish there were options...I like to shake things up every once in a while....things get stale without a little change occasionally...

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Well the current theme is Animated Arena, and there are a variety of colored themes, for example the current color scheme is blue, then there are red, green etc. I think there should be an option to switch between all Animated Arena themes.

Reaction score
@Dan never bother to spend "his" money to code the template.

The truth is....this template kinda sux...and ISN'T HALLOWEEN WAS OVER ALREADY?? BUT WHY THE PUMPKIN IS STILL HANGING THERE?

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
@Dan never bother to spend "his" money to code the template.

The truth is....this template kinda sux...and ISN'T HALLOWEEN WAS OVER ALREADY?? BUT WHY THE PUMPKIN IS STILL HANGING THERE?

Calm with the caps. And this theme is beautiful. :( If there was to be a theme change I'd not want this to be gone, but have this as default and have the new one as an optional choice.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
3, Quality must exceed

Same here. I have a condition meaning that dark things and contrasts really hurt my eyes. So, yeah I like this theme.

Back