Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Nexon wins $750,000 in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
they are actively engaging in lawsuits with monitors.
^This made me lol

But seriously Nexon, $750k? That's just overkill. Nexon didn't win $750k, they won the privilege of seeing Anujan lose his future.

Also, notice how most of these lawsuits stem from the fact that somebody modified the MapleStory client and distributed it. If you guys used your own MapleStory client *cough NoLifeStory cough*, then you wouldn't have this issue.

Reaction score
^This made me lol

But seriously Nexon, $750k? That's just overkill. Nexon didn't win $750k, they won the privilege of seeing Anujan lose his future.

Also, notice how most of these lawsuits stem from the fact that somebody modified the MapleStory client and distributed it. If you guys used your own MapleStory client *cough NoLifeStory cough*, then you wouldn't have this issue.

The server source is generally fine although a grey area but given its custom written by yourself then you are safe. The main problem is the official client is being modified and i'm fairly sure that majority of you are players of MapleStory thus upon playing it there generally is TOS to which you agree upon (which more than likely state no editing) so instantly you have signed your rights away.

I urge users to read our . I myself nor any staff member distribute your client for you, you are doing this at your own leisure and your own expense therefore the burden is solely on your shoulders. I myself have never played MapleStory thus I do not get the fascination w/ it nor have I actually touched any server files related to it but still, it's time for people to wise up.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
great hopefully they don't get Aleks lol...well....at least for this much. it's true though, seems like they're Canadian haters D= lol

sucks though but poop happens, gotta expect it to happen with a huge butt corporation who has their mindset on money. lol

what i find funny is that only after all our successful servers in 2008-2009 is when they actually started updating the game haha. guess they had to get their players back somehow.

Last edited:
Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I was on Anujan's staff for a long time. There is soooo much thats fucked up with this its sad. For starters he was a minor at the time. This court case was supposed to be handled on a juvenile level. He has a rough road ahead of him. He was 16 or 17 when this happened (cant remember)
Sad thing is this case was dismissed or delayed when he was younger.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Although it doesn't seem like what they were doing was wrong karma did catch up with them. My best wishes for who ever was involved with this.... Hopefully it sorts itself out.

Interesting...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
$750,000? Holy poop that's more than 15 years of working for the US average salary. The crazy part in this is that Nexon doesn't even need that money. That's spare change for Nexon. The real purpose for this was to ruin his future alongside scaring the poop out of the rest of us to the point where we'll not want to do anything related to MapleStory.

And it just might work.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just imagine what they'll want to do to OdinMS when that court case finally starts hearings. ):

Reaction score
Just imagine what they'll want to do to OdinMS when that court case finally starts hearings. ):

They want 350,000 euros from OdimMs and you can get updates here; . They are being sued for releasing the source code.

Apparently Nexon is sueing us. Currently we don't even know what claims they have against us - so far we have received a bill from a court with the information that it's about €350,000 matter in controversy. And it's sent from the Landgericht Hamburg.
Neither of this makes sense to us (we are not in Hamburg, neither is Nexon). Without any claims we don't even know why they are trying to sue us.
We don't know if or how much we'll actually have to pay at this point.
We don't know what will happen now. We won't be trying to risk our financial futures for keeping this project alive (sorry). We will keep you updated with this blog.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is one of those case where they want to "Make an example" of someone. They did something similar to a 12 year old kid who had 10,000 illegal mp3s on his computer. They filed a lawsuit of 125k PER SONG! Doubt it cost that much money and I doubt he'll ever be out of the shadow of the Record companies involved.

Same with this story. Sad but I don't honestly feel sorry for people who get burned for running illegal servers. They know the dangers so there is no one to blame except themselves for not protecting themselves from situations like this.

Oh, and its only a matter of time before offshore hosting is no longer safe.

Reaction score
This is one of those case where they want to "Make an example" of someone. They did something similar to a 12 year old kid who had 10,000 illegal mp3s on his computer. They filed a lawsuit of 125k PER SONG! Doubt it cost that much money and I doubt he'll ever be out of the shadow of the Record companies involved.

Same with this story. Sad but I don't honestly feel sorry for people who get burned for running illegal servers. They know the dangers so there is no one to blame except themselves for not protecting themselves from situations like this.

Oh, and its only a matter of time before offshore hosting is no longer safe.

Well offshore hosting is basically hosting in which the country has no copyright laws (such as where ragezone is located). For that to change the entire government structure would have to change which I doubt Nexon will be able to do.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Offshore hosting is great but doesnt that mean only the company hosting the files is safe from having nexon ask them to shut it down?
Owners are responsible for bringing about the content so naturally they alone can still be targeted can they not?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is madness! No one here is able to pay that I think.

I feel so sorry for Anujan !

some can, its not that much money, if his annual salary is 50k USD (which is even low for canada), i believe he can pay 25K to maple story for the next 30 years.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sucks, another reason to not to use anything real over the internet.
such as real names.
Avg can salary is 22k ^^

Reaction score
some can, its not that much money, if his annual salary is 50k USD (which is even low for canada), i believe he can pay 25K to maple story for the next 30 years.

$50k a year here is a lot of money to be making a year because in my country you are lucky to make $20.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is just sad case about kids or even young adults who are running private servers. Some do it due to addiction, others do it for a quick buck, or even for a hobby. Nexon is pointing the gun at these private server owners, when these kids or young adults actually need is help. I believe these kids or adults need reinforcement of what is right or wrong, and this addiction is just as strong as addiction to drugs. The people who should be fined are the "host". As without a host there would be no private servers. It is evident the "host" are not doing their jobs are regulating content on their hardware and/or network. For the most part, you can not make a contract with a minor unless parental consent is given.

I am without doubt $750,000 in damages never occurred, this is pure shenanigans. Not to mention, Nexon can't even run a proper customer service. Probably over 750,000 unanswered tickets with ages over 1 year.

Lastly, offshore means jack poop. Countries with poor laws aren't really friendly for the most part. They can't shut down the server, but they still can sue you depending on your location. It's the same thing when you transfer illegal money to a offshore bank, you still can be punished.

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nexon suck me.

750k? Are you all kidding? , i doubt servers added together would've totaled less than 1 million. Obviously they can't do their mathematics correctly either let alone customer service right?

Wait scratch that, they have wasted 1 million, hiring faggots like Llyod to be their lawyer taking down servers and paying even bigger bucks to take down servers.

Blame no one but yourselves for wasting more than 1 million USD on private servers. c:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can they really have hit him he was a minor? ARE U ALLOWED TO PWN PEOPLE UNDER 18?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back