• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Nexus 5 doesn't turn on

Reaction score
Hi, my phones been working perfectly since I've had it since release, but today for some reason I pick up my phone and its dead completely, when I last used it today it was on about 55% battery and when I picked it up now, nothing.

When I hold my power button I don't get the vibration what I would usually get even if I had a small amount of battery. The phone itself just seems dead. Kind of worrying as this is the only phone I have.

I've plugged it in for a charge for a few hours to hopefully see if it's just the battery that's died out.

Has anyone else had this problem with their device? :/

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Had a similar problem with mine (HTC Desire 500 DS). Wen't through everything you described, then after it was on charge for enough time, the telephone vibrated for a few times after trying to turn it on. After I consulted with a few people on this, it resulted in issue with the motherboard, aka the phone was totally dead. So I had to send it for repairs, got a new battery and a new motherboard, good thing it was still in warranty.

Hope you don't have this on your head, it's quite the pain

Back