Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Nova [Node, Electron, PHP, REST, Multi-Platform]

Status
Not open for further replies.
git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ovflowd - Nova [Node, Electron, PHP, REST, Multi-Platform] - RaGEZONE Forums

The External HH Client Ecosystem™

What is Nova?
Nova it's the future of Habbo. It's an external Game Client that doesn't need any Browser. You can play Flash or Shockwave Habbo Retro Hotels. Without bothering.

Nova it's universal. One app for any Retro Server using it's API. Nova will provide the entire authentication, assets and everything for you. You just need auth one time, and enjoy Habbo.

How Nova works?
Nova uses the Nova Engine, that provides a RESTful API that communicates between the Nova App. Each hotel can have their Nova Engine, that is customized for their purposes. Nova provides a set of custom tools, for the Hotel Administrator get over control in Nova.

Nova uses 2FA (Two-Factor-Authentication) to auth you into your Hotel. You need only logon one single time in the Hotel, and get your Token in the Client Page. After that you just need enter the Hotel URL on the Nova App and your token, and you will be all set.

Nova stores the Token and update each time itself. Nova haves a security system, that ables the player to reset the Token (regenerating it) directly on the Hotel Client.

How is the API?
You can check the API by clicking .

Other Informations
  • Actually rewriting the Engine and improving the code.

GitHub repository
You can check the GitHub repository by clicking .

Official Website
Check our website by clicking .

How will be the Installation?
  • For Developers: Download the client.php and HabClient.phar, configure the client.php and be Happy.
  • For Users: Just download Nova Electron App (in the future we will provide an installer for Windows)

How will be the GUI?
  • App: HoloCMS design, for every page. And built in Client
  • Engine: jSON pages and Home page with HoloCMS design.

Progress of the API
  • Base Paths: Hotel/Client OK, User/Login OK
  • Future Paths: Hotel/Status, Hotel/OnlineCount
  • Give me ideas for more Paths

Some Considerations
  • Started the rename of HabClient to Nova
  • Today or Tomorrow will continue commiting to the project.

Some Screenshots (Engine)
Home Page

Requesting User Data

Version Check

Hotel Status

Logging System (Debug)

Some Screenshots (Electron App)
Select Server

Wrong Server/Inexistent Server

Authenticate User
Invalid User/Token/Wrong

Play on HabClient
Console Log

Progresses
  • Finished Basic API, starting now creating the JavaApp
  • I'm starting the JavaApp, but i don't know from where i start. I think i will start from the Communication engine... The Flash stuff, will be the hardest one.
  • Starting the ElectronApp. trashing the JavaApp.
  • First Functional Release of HabClient working.

Changelog (Versions)
  • v011
Functional API, Engine and External App in Electron.​

1. [*=1]Basics of API working
    [*=1]Entering on Client and Playing working 100%
    [*=1]Tested in PHP BuiltinServer, but should work in Normal Web Servers.

Credits
  • Claudio Santoro (me)
  • Someone else? o.o
  • HoloCMS creators??
  • Sulake? lmfao
If you liked it, Give a rep.

Last edited:
git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Updates:
  • Actually the JavaApp is communicating with the PHP Engine
  • Yes, the JavaApp code it's a totally mess yet. Will improve it a lot after.
  • Created Master Token for Engine (Only for Development)
  • Improved some PHP Codes
  • More
To-do:
  • Continue JavaApp Engine Communication
  • Start to figure out how will make the Client :/
  • Planning do the Client in JWebBrowser with SWT or JFlashPlayer...

Observation.: 44 commits in one day. Fantastic.

Reactions: pel
Retired
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What is your justification for implementing it in Java? I see it as the second worst alternative to implementing it in something stupid like VB .NET Forms. I'm not even sure if it is going to be possible for you to embed a browser that runs Flash/Shockwave in a Java applet. Did you even look at those frameworks I suggested to you earlier?

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What is your justification for implementing it in Java? I see it as the second worst alternative to implementing it in something stupid like VB .NET Forms. I'm not even sure if it is going to be possible for you to embed a browser that runs Flash/Shockwave in a Java applet. Did you even look at those frameworks I suggested to you earlier?

Oh, yes, you're right. I will give a look.
But i found a Framework called DJ Native Swing..

I still think you'd be better of with than Java and PHP. Nonetheless good luck!

Are you sure, that Electron it's independent from the Browser? If yes, are you sure that Flash will work on it?

If yes, of course i will use this.

I'm thinking in use Node.js in the engine. But people are dumb. sooo... The engine will continue to be in PHP..

Ok, convinced with Electron.
Switching to Electron.

Some points:
1. https://github.com/electron/electron/blob/master/docs/tutorial/using-pepper-flash-plugin.md
2. Electron i can code just in HTML + JavaScript + CSS, so it's easy.

Need look if Electron supports Shockwave too.

OK. Electron doesn't support Shockwave.. That's not good..

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
I assume you use the PHP back-end to hand out the information for the client right? Nothing wrong with that.
Also something I've noticed is that you use observation in the wrong context. It should be note, not observation.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
People i'm really happy to say, that first version of HabClient, it's running and working 100%! Tested with Yupi Emulator!
I will update this thread with images and more informations. And create the RELEASE at GitHub.

I hope everyone here like it.

Important Notice.: If someone can provide me the PepperFlash.dll and PepperFlash.so, i will be happy.
Already have PepperFlash.plugin (MacOS)

OK! Updated Main Thread. Uploading the App. (I dunno why, but the electron-packager makes 100mb of this... lmfao) (40MB of PepperFlash, and some MB of the real app...)

Who will download something of 100MB?

For future: Making cache of Assets?

Also: If someone can give me the AdobeShockwave.dll and .so (windows & linux respectively) i will be really happy.

This will be helpful: https://github.com/szwacz/nw-flash-trust

Can someone test HabClient? I want to know if work with someone else.

Okay, many members read this thread, but no one answers on it. --'

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I suggest finishing off Yupi before wasting your time on this project.

I'm not Yupi developer. Only maintainer.

Updates (version.: v0112)
  • Improved Security Checks
    • Now we have Server validation
    • Now we have Token validation
  • More pages with more content
  • Improved Assets arrangement.
  • Improved code to bey async with callbacks.
  • Improved how the core it's made
  • Included NodeModules directly in the folder
Planned (version.: v0113)
  • Using full RESTful stack (not only request(), but request.get(), request.put(), etc.)
    • this will improve the async stack of the app
  • Improved code, documentation and using more APIs
Future (version.: v0114)
  • Starting the top-bar in the client
  • Improve the App Menu
  • Create customized About menu
  • More things?

Reaction score
People i'm really happy to say, that first version of HabClient, it's running and working 100%! Tested with Yupi Emulator!
I will update this thread with images and more informations. And create the RELEASE at GitHub.

I hope everyone here like it.

Important Notice.: If someone can provide me the PepperFlash.dll and PepperFlash.so, i will be happy.
Already have PepperFlash.plugin (MacOS)

OK! Updated Main Thread. Uploading the App. (I dunno why, but the electron-packager makes 100mb of this... lmfao) (40MB of PepperFlash, and some MB of the real app...)

Who will download something of 100MB?

For future: Making cache of Assets?

Also: If someone can give me the AdobeShockwave.dll and .so (windows & linux respectively) i will be really happy.

This will be helpful:

Can someone test HabClient? I want to know if work with someone else.

Okay, many members read this thread, but no one answers on it. --'

100MB is quite common nowadays anyways.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
100MB is quite common nowadays anyways.

Thinking on this way.. I agree. But entire Habbo SWF is... 500MB.. (i think).. So a program that it's more 100MB. Okay, are 100MB that you will download only one time..

Anyways...

Ah also i will develop the Windows Installer. Actually o think that only the Windows and Mac Version will support natively the hhotel:// wrapper...

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Awesome! I like it :love:
Let's hope it gets safely.

Thanks Mackors, it's becoming more secure. This weekend i will post more commits.
The beta release it's basically done. I only will improve the english stuff. Some more views. And more API things.

And also organize the GitHub repository hahah.

I wonder more people comment here. A lot of people was reading this.. No one answering. Is this community dead?

Ask me about Daoism
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Kinda cool, but still meh.

Implementing Shockwave clients is impossible, as the Director file format is closed. You'd need to re-compile the Shockwave projects as EXE projections to even have a shot at implementing a stand-alone client for older Habbo versions.

I don't see a lot of people using it. All you're doing is eliminating the site in favor of an application, which is the opposite direction in which the internet seems to want to move.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Kinda cool, but still meh.

Implementing Shockwave clients is impossible, as the Director file format is closed. You'd need to re-compile the Shockwave projects as EXE projections to even have a shot at implementing a stand-alone client for older Habbo versions.

I don't see a lot of people using it. All you're doing is eliminating the site in favor of an application, which is the opposite direction in which the internet seems to want to move.

I agree totally with you.

Also making the Shockwave works will be a big drama.
This App was designed for when Chrome and other browsers shut downs Flash and for when Shockwave be totally removed from the Browsers.

Also this App makes little easier playing in the servers. In the future the App will have the history of the hotels that you already played. And you can insta-choose the hotel in the list. No need of auth again.

The token it's a specie of 2FA. You first login on your hotel (only one time) in the browser. And after that logs only one time in the App witht eh token provided by the Hotel.

So, you don't need open browser. And nothing. Only open the App.

Also in the future the app will provide a top bar with some functionalities.. Like showing Hotel Alerts (Created by the System) (Not the in-game alerts..) (or maybe yes) (How many users are online and if the server is online) and a button to show a new panel with the Hotel Articles. The top bar will be designed in Habbo v18 like. And the articles in Habbo :articles command.

I appreciate a lot of your comment here. Since it's rare to you answer some Dev thread and if you answered that it's something special for me.

Thanks! And if you have ideas, give me a feedback ;)

Next changes for HabClient
  • The project will be renamed to Aurora, since it's also an HTML5 App. (But not HTML5 Client) and my old "community project" Aurora, will be canceled. Since no one is interested.
  • I will fix many English issues from my texts
  • Change the logo to Aurora.
  • Improve the API Communication:
    • Code the ServerStatus API blocks
    • Code the Page that says your server isn't compatible
    • Code a Generic Error Page where Electron communicate with a callback in the Error.html JavaScript. (Electron WebContent & WebClient API)
    • Improve Landing Page design
    • Change the "What's going on" Messages List, to be updated directly from GitHub "SERVER_MESSAGES" file
    • Change the "What's going on" Messages List from the Engine to be updated directly from GitHub "ENGINE_MESSAGES" file
    • Code the Hotel Articles API Communication
      • This will communicate directly with the Database (HabClient Engine)
      • Getting the content and making titles
      • HTML escaping
      • styled content
  • Try to start design & code the client top bar.
    • Using Habbo v18 In-Client Top Bar
  • Try to start design & code the client articles system.
    • Using Habbo In-Client Articles Design
  • Try to unify the Token to work like as an 2FA. So the last used Token by the User will be stored in the HabClient App.
    • Being saved in some file?
    • The file will have multiple entries, for each hotel.
  • The landing page will have an option to login in in a saved hotel
    • Will recover last data about the hotel, (stored in the file) Like:
      • Server URI
      • Last Used Token
      • Server Name
    • You will be able too choose a saved server in a kind of list...
    • The same checks made by entering manual data will happen for stored hotels. If something is invalid like server URL or user token, the error page will be invoked.
  • Improve the code Documentation and improve the code.
  • Update the Swagger REST API

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks @Mackors, it's becoming more secure. This weekend i will post more commits.
The beta release it's basically done. I only will improve the english stuff. Some more views. And more API things.

And also organize the GitHub repository hahah.

I wonder more people comment here. A lot of people was reading this.. No one answering. Is this community dead?

I see you write alot when you have made a update. Like what you have updated and changed etc.
I know for sure, the most people here don't understand (programming) what you're talking about. So, if they don't know what you are saying, when you are updating your thread with such a long text they will not understand, and it will lead to get NO reaction/comment back from the users, who are reading your thread and updates.

My advise is to continue with updating us, but to make is clear for everyone, add a image to (each?) update.
Then you can talk about it, and explain it. They will understand it a little bit more.

Without- image they don't want even read everything.

If you don't get any comment, it does not mean people don't see it.
Look at Facebook for example, there are a lot people nowadays who are just watching without commenting or something.
They keep open there Facebook again because they like what they have seen before.

ONT: Go and keep up the work anyway! :8:

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I see you write alot when you have made a update. Like what you have updated and changed etc.
I know for sure, the most people here don't understand (programming) what you're talking about. So, if they don't know what you are saying, when you are updating your thread with such a long text they will not understand, and it will lead to get NO reaction/comment back from the users, who are reading your thread and updates.

My advise is to continue with updating us, but to make is clear for everyone, add a image to (each?) update.
Then you can talk about it, and explain it. They will understand it a little bit more.

Without- image they don't want even read everything.

If you don't get any comment, it does not mean people don't see it.
Look at Facebook for example, there are a lot people nowadays who are just watching without commenting or something.
They keep open there Facebook again because they like what they have seen before.

ONT: Go and keep up the work anyway! :8:

Thanks for the feedback Mackors. I will in next update add screenies ;)
And also "clean" text, i mean, i will do my best do write clean texts haha.

Ask me about Daoism
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's a good thought to prepare us for the downfall of Flash, but I'm fairly certain Habbo has already prepped an HTML5 solution. I'm sure they have a direct line to Adobe, who helps them move all of their Flash assets automatically. Then they probably brush up the code to make it more fluid.

Still. HTML5 won't come without its disadvantages, and as far as I can tell, I'd rather build with Flash than HTML5 at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back