Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Nova [Node, Electron, PHP, REST, Multi-Platform]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A hosted portal will be more useless than the desktop app.
Why someone will play on the portal instead of play on the own hotel? Both are web apps.

And, you have only more work to play on a portal.. You need register, open Nova, copy hash token and hotel link t-t
Is fuckin boring

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The only reason I see this could be useful is if people wanted to play on a Schockwave hotel. Otherwise, it seems quite useless and there are few advantages for a hotel to use this application. It's not really the future of Habbo, it's just in a different window. It's more restrictive to hotel owners as they have little control over the CMS and the client (eg. if they wanted to add custom HTML elements (from what I've grasped from this thread)).

However, for what it is , it looks like you did a good job and made some good progress. I just don't seeing this being used/feasible unless it was used for a specific hotel perhaps (eg. you opened it, it launched say Habboon and remembers your login details).

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
A hosted portal will be more useless than the desktop app.
Why someone will play on the portal instead of play on the own hotel? Both are web apps.

And, you have only more work to play on a portal.. You need register, open Nova, copy hash token and hotel link t-t
Is fuckin boring

What the hell are you saying?

You really don't know a difference between desktop app or webapp? The whole Nova app is a webapp, only difference that electron emulates a browser.
The difference of the portal is that you don't need download Nova. But works at the same way
Literally works as the SAME way.

From where you get that need register???? Are you mistaking which type of portal I'm exemplifying here??

Hi
The only reason I see this could be useful is if people wanted to play on a Schockwave hotel. Otherwise, it seems quite useless and there are few advantages for a hotel to use this application. It's not really the future of Habbo, it's just in a different window. It's more restrictive to hotel owners as they have little control over the CMS and the client (eg. if they wanted to add custom HTML elements (from what I've grasped from this thread)).

However, for what it is , it looks like you did a good job and made some good progress. I just don't seeing this being used/feasible unless it was used for a specific hotel perhaps (eg. you opened it, it launched say Habboon and remembers your login details).

Nova actually allows custom interfaces configurable by the engine.
The app will not only load the client from the engine, but also hotel title, special.motto, logo, articles and many other things.

Actually on my test hotel was called habbo and using the default Nova logos. ;)

swe

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is awesome! The version checker and server connector with link. Wow :w00t:

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
People. I'm commiting again.

Now we will transform the App in a specime of NodeJS WebApp. That can be hosted to be transformed into a Portal.

The differences it's that no one need download anything.

The App will be accessible in an URI like (or something like that)

And hotel owners will need to only install the NovaAPI (NovaEngine)

People will access the website, write Hotel URI and write Token.

The Hotel List + Tokens will be stored in a encrypted Cookie (Node Session Variable)

I'm not sure of using NodeJS. Maybe we will just use PHP (and use PHP Sessions + Session Factories (that allows to encrypt sessions variables))

Giv'me a feedback:

1. PHP or NodeJS + Express
2. DesktopApp or WebApp
3. Container (WebApp) or WebService (Purely PHP + HTML/jQuery)

Thanks!

Reaction score
Node for obvious reasons. This would be better as a web application as it would pave the way for higher user counts to use it easily, and a web app (container).

This project is looking cool, however, it takes out the diversity of many servers and diverts it to just another thing similar to how Minecraft is. Losing personality isn't the easiest thing when it comes to something as restrictive as our community has been, however, it's a nice idea and glad to see it going somewhere

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Node for obvious reasons. This would be better as a web application as it would pave the way for higher user counts to use it easily, and a web app (container).

This project is looking cool, however, it takes out the diversity of many servers and diverts it to just another thing similar to how Minecraft is. Losing personality isn't the easiest thing when it comes to something as restrictive as our community has been, however, it's a nice idea and glad to see it going somewhere

Thanks, Chris.

My team decided doing with NodeJS with Express and Yarn.

We will start to commit probably day 10 of this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back