• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

NPC Problem

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi! I've set up a server and and it's all working except the NPC's....
Well the server is up without any errors, and i can connect with my client to the server and play, but the NPC with Quests or other type of npc with missions it just appear with blank option! Merchants NPC works fine. Anyone have any idea what the problem is? Could it be some file is missing on my server or some configuration file bad configurated? Just where should i search to see if something is missing or something?
I got two pics to help understand the problem:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've figured out that i got the Quests files at NPC/Quests folder. And i've been doing some experiences and figured out that the problem could be on the code of the quests...for example, i've opened alberta_quests.txt file and searched for Grampa script. I got this:

alberta_in.gat,28,145,4 script Grampa 120,{
mes "[Grampa]";
mes "Gasp ..Gasp";
next;
mes "[Grampa]";
mes "When I look back on my younger days... I regret not making better use of my time...";
next;
mes "[Grampa]";
mes "Even so I STILL feel young at heart..... unfortunately my body is very old and is in poor condtion...... Cough !! Cough .. !!";
next;
if(countitem(1030) >= 10) menu "Talk.",M_Talk, "Show him Tiger's Footskin.",M_Show, "Cancel.",M_End;
menu "Talk",M_Talk, "Cancel",M_End;

M_Talk:
mes "[Grampa]";
mes "Listen to me..... You must take care of your body as best you can....";
mes "If you aren't serious about staying healthy now..... you will surely regret it as you get older.";
next;
.......(etc)

Well, when i play the game and talk to Grampa, i can get to the part when he says "Even so I STILL feel young at heart...". After that, when i click next, it should appear the menu with options to select the next action. But when i click next, the menu appears, but without any option to select!! This way i can't advance with the quest. And this appens with all the NPC that got options to select.
Does anyone got this problem too?
If someone got this working plz attach here a quest file so that i can compare with mine. I'm out of ideas now! I really need some help!
Here the pics from Grampa..

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i cant really help but i have a npc maker just play whit it and i think you'll find out how those things work...

Back