• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

NPC spawn not in their intended location

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys

so i opened a maplestory private server V83 using HeavenMS,

as i opened up the server, some of our friends logged in, i made them all admins, and tried some of the PQ's to check if they are working.

We went to kerning, and noticed that lakelid npc (the one that gets you insdie Kpq) is no longer in her position and she was at the top of the map.

she wasn't the only npc that wasn't in the current location.

apparently all of the npc's in kerning city, perion and NLC are in the wrong position, Lith Herbor npc's are located just fine though.we tried to check the map.wz in the source code, all of the npcs inside the xml of kerning city (103000000) is correct according to our "!pos" admin check.

we also removed all of the npcs from the 10300000.xml and then we tried to implement them by using "!pnpc [NPC id code]" but it didn't work because in those specific maps (kerning, perion, NLC) the command doesn't summon them at our location! in all of the other maps the "!pnpc" command is working just fine.

i am wondring what happened to those maps and if its possible to fix them.

BTW: im using all the latest WZ that comes with heavenMS.

here is a video that one of my friends did to show the problem:

thanks in advance :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Check the the foothold values for the spawning npcs are correct. They basically indicate which platform the npc should spawn on, ignoring the position itself.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Check the the foothold values for the spawning npcs are correct. They basically indicate which platform the npc should spawn on, ignoring the position itself.

thank you kind sir!

i was not the foothold but you gave me the idea to actually try to replace the WZ code with another WZ code from another source it actually worked !
have a nice day :D

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thank you kind sir!

i was not the foothold but you gave me the idea to actually try to replace the WZ code with another WZ code from another source it actually worked !
have a nice day :D
Hi I'm facing the same problem now... Can you be more specific which WZ code you replaced and from which source? Thanks

Upvote 0
Back