• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

nVidia to Launch nForce 780i on Halloween

Reaction score
HALLOWEEN IS usually the day when we see a whole new spawn of horror movies that are meant to scare new generations of Americans.

This year we get Nvidia.

The graphics chip marketer decided to launch the C72 Frankenbridge or plain old 780i, on Halloween, meaning that your read of just freshly expired NDA reviews will be interrupted by ton of children chanting trick or treat.

C72

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I feel really really sorry for anyone deciding to go this route with the 780i, and also plugging in their ultra hot HD2900's and expecting to air cool the system. Ouch, 48 watts of heat to pull out, JUST from the motherboard itself.. that isnt factoring in dual chips, dual coolers for the chips, and all that humbug.

Can we say liquid submersion for the win? ;)

Back