• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Okay, this is getting beyond a joke...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay, now this is just plain :bad:...

I've spent hours trying to set up an Aglaia server, but I just can't seem able to connect to it! This is what I've done:

-) Set up the AglaiaSQL Database with a username of Matt and a password of *********
(Note: I'm using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express, in case that changes anything)

-)Hex'd GameServer v20.exe so that both IPs match my WAN IP (I'm behind a router, so I've followed the hellkaze's guide on setting up a loopback adapter - the IP set for it matches what ipchicken comes up with, and the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 (255.255.255.254 doesn't seem to work))

-)Set up the ODBC to use the AglaiaSQL database

-)Activated all three Servers (Login, Authorization and Game) using the password generated in SQL for the authorization and the password used to access the database - currently Login and Auth are Online, while Game reports as being on Standby

Basically, I've followed Avarant's guide as best I can, except in one of the steps to do with the SQL server, the option for Database Access doesn't come up on mine...

I seriously have no idea what else to do. I really want to get to work on editing my server, but first I want to actually get it working. Can somebody please give me a hand with this, because I'm really not sure what else to try.

Many thanks in advance. Please respond ASAP (although after about 4 hours more I'll be MIA for a few days. Still, please respond as soon as you can!)
~Geo

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This project seems be dead..
Lots of links are deads too..

I hope the project will be continued but...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Most links are dead, yes. Mine remain active, but I'm a nobody here, so my links will never be stickied.

The way my friend and I recently got it to run behind a router is have each part of the server whole use the IP that the router gives the computer (should look like 192.168.0.* ), and hex the gameserver to use that same IP. Then make sure you have ports 2000 and 11031 forwarded to the computer that the server is running on. Worked like a charm for us.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ah, many thanks, taarna23. I'll have to try that one at some stage, after testing a Hamachi theory I've come up with. Of course, that's after I can figure out why my SQLServer has mysteriously stopped working... >_>

Thanks!
~Geo

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This project seems be dead..
Lots of links are deads too.

Back