Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Omfg!!!! I Hate Mysql

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
~~LANGUAGE~~ go down to post #9 for problems with MySQL/private servers/WoW.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
no offense... but how are we going to help without any information?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
:O Lets see what errors your getting, am sure somebody can probably help you fix it, but seriously, that kinda language isn't neccessary if your asking for assistance. It is a display of ignorance, impatience and a lack of intelligence, no offense to you of course. :D

I hope you find the answers you need.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hmm...

Think so?
Even is you consider that some major banks run their databases from it ?

I think the problems are strickly personal?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tell us exactly what you are trying to do with MySQL, and get a screenshot of the error you see. Anyways, like Bazooka said, that sort of foul language ain't appreciated.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
firts offall screenshots , will make this a little easyer for aal of us

second of all please dont talk like this , we now it all that sometimes thing are not working right , and that there are conflict 's that are easy to solve

If you can make a screenshot of the exacte error :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have to say this is the funniest problem I've seen yet. I think I felt this way when I set up my first mysql database. :) Take a breath, we'll help you out.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Check if this is your problem. Hope it helps.

[29 Oct 2005 10:35] Freek Bos
Okay,

The last post helped me a lot actualy.
I have two pc's with both MySQL4.1 installed. And I'm absolutely not a MySQL
geek. Actualy I've been working with MySQL for only two weeks.
When I upgraded to 5.0 I got the same error over and over again.
Very frustrating. Took me hours to find out what had happened.
But the solution is very simple.
The configuration wizard does not apply the new password so it leaves the root
password blank.

So when you start the MySQL command line client.
You simply press ENTER when asked for a password.

Now you can change the password by running the following line.
SET PASSWORD FOR 'root'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('MyNewPassword');

This did the trick for me. Everything is up & running again.
Hope this will help you guys.

greetz...
Freek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I keep getting the same error screen for setting up the MySQL instance. It says error 1045 I recently re-formated and installed .NET framework 1.0-3.0 have WoW patched to 1.12.1(non-hacked) and have latest MySQL and Navicat(full version). I cannot get a AFG repack or INMDB32 the simplest ones to set up to work. I have no clue why, I used the same OS(it's not full professional lets say that!) and WoW is just giving me hell and whenever someone try to help they usually say the same thing or something completely wrong(not that it should be completely right it's just way off!). Also for the error since I can't get the MySQL configured whenever I type the password in the DOS screen it just closes and beeps(beeps once).

I knew the language was inappropriate when I made the post. I do not need to be told 5 times that it is inappropriate.

Ok lets get this train wreck back on the tracks... Is there any specific parts of windows you need to run a private server? My windows runs 16 processes and that's only for windows processes. I heard a firewall interferes with emulation. Does it interfere with the following programs...

- My SQL
- Navicat
- Extracting maps for repacks
- World of Warcraft

I have AVG 7.5 Internet Security and honestly don't care about anti-virus because I know what is bad to download and what is not.
I will probably just un-install it and then try extracting the maps again. I swear before I thought I extracted maps without any anti-virus.

It also gives me errors for the map extractor in AFG/INMDB32 about "unknown map chunks".

If you have a good 1.12.1 server please post it. I also need a 1.12.1 hacked patch enUS please and thank you.

So... I don't know what's up with MySQL doing this. I at least want a AFG 3.2 Funserver+Blizz to work that is my goal.

*UPDATE* WoW I am a fruit cake! All you needed to do was the password trick that he posted.

Last edited:
Back