• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Omg!

NTV

Anime Network
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Okay, a friend of mine wants to know which he should get..

I've told him to build his own desktop but he needs something more mobile like a laptop. So, he came up with these two.

I just want feedback on you guys who have used alienware and similar asus products.

Asus

OR

Alienware M11X

Reaction score
Asus over Alienware always.

What a retarded thing to say.

I have BOTH an Asus G73JH and an Alienware M11x R2.

Asus G73JH:
i7 740QM quad-core with Hyperthreading
8GB DDR3 1333MHz
1GB Ati 5870
17.3" screen

M11x R2:
i7 U640 dual-core with Hyperthreading
4GB DDR3 800MHz
1GB Nvidia 335M
11.6" screen

I thought that i would get the M11x as something to use "on the go" but the moment i got it, i stopped using my Asus G73 all together. It's light, it's fast, the keyboard is amazing to type on, and it's ultra-portable with a 4-5 hour battery life.

I don't play demanding games so for me this is perfect and i don't even notice the "downgrade". CSS/TF2/L4D/WC3/UT3 all play perfect at high-max settings, i am as happy as can be. I got it for $800 too so the price was just at the sweet spot.

If your mate is going to be using it as a portable PC, the M11x is definitely one to consider. If he's going to use it as a desktop alternative which is just going to sit on a table though, i can't fault the Asus G73.

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I dont know much about Laptop hardware, but the Asus only has DDR2 RAM, and a Core2Duo... all Alienware Laptops come with DDR3 RAM, and the 2nd Generation Core i processors as standard. However like I said, I dont know much about Laptop hardware :p

Reaction score
I dont know much about Laptop hardware, but the Asus only has DDR2 RAM, and a Core2Duo... all Alienware Laptops come with DDR3 RAM, and the 2nd Generation Core i processors as standard. However like I said, I dont know much about Laptop hardware :p

Incorrect. You can still get all revisions of the M11x from Alienware:

R1 - Core 2 Duo, DDR2, Nvidia 335M, SATA 2
R2 - 1st gen i3/i5/i7, DDR3, Nvidia 335M, SATA 2
R3 - 2nd gen i3/i5/i7, DDR3, Nvidia 540M, SATA 3

Back