• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Open source MMORPG engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I cant install it lol XD
Sorry :/

1. Download & Install: RPG4UEngine1.0.2.msi
2. Before installing, please install Sql Server 2000 or later
Download & Install: RPG4UEngineSDK1.0.2.msi

Damn it!

Well, if anyone successfully installed this, please upload to a RAR!

I'm uploading it now to filefactory.com (didn't knew another good file-host & i hate rapidshare :p)

Rar contains only the files beeing installed by RPG4UEngineSDK1.0.2.msi

edit:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would translate this if my windows would read the language it comes out as some retarded stuff/god knows what it is.

You need to change your system locale to Chinese, otherwise it just shows up as ???'s or gibberish.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ouch, that must be a pain, hope you guy successfully translate it, I'll be waiting.

Reaction score
it shouldn't be to hard .. besides if i can't do it then what ever, but i'm almost 100% sure that i can.

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

it shouldn't be to hard .. besides if i can't do it then what ever, but i'm almost 100% sure that i can.

Having alot of problems complieing the source... and stuff.
so don't think i can do it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The source is for sever files of the game that comes with the Engine, so you must install the engine, MSSQL 2000 or better and then the source.

I was looking for the source of the engine itself, so I could translate that and be able to make a game with it, without having to have a Chinese guy beside you, smelling like soy sauce all day telling you what the hell it means... lol ^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. Download & Install: RPG4UEngine1.0.2.msi
2. Before installing, please install Sql Server 2000 or later
Download & Install: RPG4UEngineSDK1.0.2.msi

I'm uploading it now to filefactory.com (didn't knew another good file-host & i hate rapidshare :p)

Rar contains only the files beeing installed by RPG4UEngineSDK1.0.2.msi

edit:

Thanks for the upload.

I am working on a translation. Got the game approximately 50-60% done so far. There is nearly nothing in the source code that needs to be translated. Almost everything in the code that is in Chinese is example code or documentation. Everything else is stored in the files for the client. I'll upload a copy of the example/stand alone client that is in English once I'm done. Some of it will not make a whole lot of sense, as its Google translate, but the stuff I test out in-game I'll refine. Not sure how long it will take to get it done, but when it is I'll upload a copy.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the upload.

I am working on a translation. Got the game approximately 50-60% done so far. There is nearly nothing in the source code that needs to be translated. Almost everything in the code that is in Chinese is example code or documentation. Everything else is stored in the files for the client. I'll upload a copy of the example/stand alone client that is in English once I'm done. Some of it will not make a whole lot of sense, as its Google translate, but the stuff I test out in-game I'll refine. Not sure how long it will take to get it done, but when it is I'll upload a copy.
Nice, try and turn the google translate garbage into real english though xD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice, try and turn the google translate garbage into real english though xD

Working on it :). A lot of the stuff is not in the first little town you spawn into, so testing and cleaning up some of it will take quite a bit of time. I'll try to have everything in the main town cleaned up, and just have Google translations for the rest of the stuff.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the setup program inside the MSI is also an MSI file. I couldn't extract that one. Any tips on how to do it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
someone has the English version of this engine because I am not getting compile on VS2005 not in version 2008
I tried to translate some things but still has errors.

if anyone knows how to compile the code or have a version in English called here in the forum or send in my email antaresgames@gmail.com
I'll help if you need the translation of this engine.

Game Developer
Reaction score
nice engine with server and client side with nice render engine, i will try it!

Not have so much OS massively game engines :D

Its fullfill my ideas :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back