Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private Opening a v28 maplestory server

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think Orbis was available before 0.12. Was it not available since day 1? My memory could be leading me astray.

not a programmer
Reaction score
I think Orbis was available before 0.12. Was it not available since day 1? My memory could be leading me astray.
No it was not since day 1 though I remember it was before pin.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
0.28 (15 Aug 2006)
- Deep Sea Gorge
- Pianus
level 80-100 equips were added in 0.16

Which version did Orbis first come out with? Was it 0.12 or earlier?

I stand corrected, still about 10 years!

not a programmer
Reaction score
v28 was great at aqua with 2x+hs so much exp though v37 with onyx apples was fun too.

v28_idb wif names for rz by sunnyboy

v28 noaoes localhost and login by kiki
https://forum.ragezone.com/f431/gms-v38-server-970801-post8007083/#post8007083

V.28 and V.40B WvsBeta c# fork - by Vanlj95
https://forum.ragezone.com/f690/release-maplestory-40b-15-08-a-991556/

v.28 OdinTeh Rev 65 Downgrade attempt by pansy
https://forum.ragezone.com/f431/unityms-functional-v28-source-based-997409/

python only login screen

client:
source:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I love the idea! I would gladly moderate this server xP Would be fun to see a server that isn't v62 for a change (yes, even v55.) Nostalgia! ^^

not a programmer
Reaction score
Someone gogo, I already made my v28 trainer awaiting someone
Do you have a list of what was changed/added/removed from v28 to v83 from when you downgraded moopledev?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Personally I think that nobody would really invest the time to play a v0.28 server unless the makers have a somewhat big name and reputation; simply because having a higher EXP rate than <5 would be a complete nonsense, and nobody would want to invest so much time into a very tough server where they don't even know if it's going to last for a week, due to the explicit game version nobody has had published before. But on the other hand, you might attract alot of people due to the version and succeed with it. If you really want it, do it. I for myself can say that I'd surely try it out if there was one.

Just my opinion, it might be off the track.

not a programmer
Reaction score
Everything?
some things like expeditions, guild alliances, hired merchants, frederick, duey, mini dungeons, party search, change leader, onUserEnter, etc are any in v28?
how do you get the reciv and sendiv for the gethello?

Last edited:
Everything is possible~
Loyal Member
Reaction score
some things like expeditions, guild alliances, hired merchants, frederick, duey, mini dungeons, party search, change leader, onUserEnter, etc are any in v28?
how do you get the reciv and sendiv for the gethello?

There's characters. There's party (no search). There's buddies (no groups). There's guilds. There are maps. There are some bosses. Nothing much, but it did had what the people wanted.... in 2006.
I think starting from scratch is the best way, because you have to rebuild 99% of the packets (and discard another 70%). There are flaws in the game that you would not image nowadays (for example, meso explosion damages are different per mob; not implemented in packet and thus causing issues. Also Monster Magnet is differently implemented). Not to mention the skills that have been removed/changed in newer versions and just overall logic being different.

Maple was basically finished in V.70~. When they came with pirates, things went 'downhill'.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't really want you to make a v28 because that's my special version, but that's just me being a penis. If there's another older maple version on gmsdl that you like, I can make you a localhost for you to dev it > : D

maple changes ~

hi i started v28 and then everybody jump on tha bandwagon

mine was b4 urs !

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't really want you to make a v28 because that's my special version, but that's just me being a penis. If there's another older maple version on gmsdl that you like, I can make you a localhost for you to dev it > : D

maple changes ~

hi i started v28 and then everybody jump on tha bandwagon

not a programmer
Reaction score

maple changes ~

mine was b4 urs !
do you already have a v3 and v8 noaes?

not a programmer
Reaction score
yes, i do but i also have v6 available also, but if you want cashshop go for v8 since it got fixed in there
Could I have a link to v3 and v8 please?
Thank you.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't see v28 doing well. sure it may get some attention at first. however it is limited, there is not enough end game content to keep the game interesting.

Stay smart, be yourself
Reaction score
Lol we stopped the project couple months ago, can see the thread still active, well enjoy~

Back