• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook pagefor updates, or we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.)

Opening .SMD files ?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hei hei.

so my question is what program opens .SMD files ?
its would help alot if u share some program names :love:

and i apolgize if this kind of topic has been create,but there are so many topics that just don't give the right answer i'm looking for :(:

Last edited by a moderator:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Re: [Help] Opening .SMD files ?

the answer is none, you must extrat the usefull data from the file, put the data in an ase format and use a pluging to open in a 3D program.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

the answer is none, you must extrat the usefull data from the file, put the data in an ase format and use a pluging to open in a 3D program.
Actually... there is one program which will open .SMD files... two if I was feeling really pedantic. >_< game.exe and 4096.exe. :lol:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

jajajajajajaja, bob, that was funny xD and o_O totally correct jajajaja

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

you do the GEOMOBJECT and LIGHTOBJECT part ;)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

hmm... thanks for the example UserNameHere2, but there is no input to that program, so it seems it just produces a template ACE file?

Or do you have to open your SMD and point buf to it? Not sure I understand how to use the code.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Thanks SoyEdu for the info,i figured out how to open it. :):

Back