• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Operating System for Audition Private Server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Question, which is it easier to make a audition prviate server off of Windows xp or vista/7? I'm planning to make one offline then make my way online. So if can tell me which Operating System is the best way to make a private server.

P.S I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Question, which is it easier to make a audition prviate server off of Windows xp or vista/7? I'm planning to make one offline then make my way online. So if can tell me which Operating System is the best way to make a private server.

P.S I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
I'd say windows 7 just in-case you run into any issue with 7, but it should run good on 7 still, BUT the currect crap 6.5/6.6 server doesn't run on vista or 7 I'm pretty sure.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'd say windows 7 just in-case you run into any issue with 7, but it should run good on 7 still, BUT the currect crap 6.5/6.6 server doesn't run on vista or 7 I'm pretty sure.

ok thanks but I am having bad issues with windows 7 making one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No, you dont run audition on a home host.
I recommend 4gb of ram server for audition + more as you gain users and that will take up resources. You should be a vps or dedicated server which comes with windows 2008. Dedicated is always better.
(Ragezone's Host) is an example. Expensive But pretty good.
Also better to buy a server off sure of the United states or risk being dmca'd for hosting the private server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No, you dont run audition on a home host.
I recommend 4gb of ram server for audition + more as you gain users and that will take up resources. You should be a vps or dedicated server which comes with windows 2008. Dedicated is always better.
(Ragezone's Host) is an example. Expensive But pretty good.
Also better to buy a server off sure of the United states or risk being dmca'd for hosting the private server.
He said hes gonna try offline first is why hes doing it on his comp, and i say getting a sponsor that hosts them in a diff country is a better option than renting/buying a server.

Reaction score
He said hes gonna try offline first is why hes doing it on his comp, and i say getting a sponsor that hosts them in a diff country is a better option than renting/buying a server.

Sponsor is unlikely and even offline eats ram unlikely he has enough to run and play on the same computer. gl.

Back