• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Other ppl can log in but not the owner himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just helped a friend to setup his server. We made it like i made mine. The only thing is that he cant login, but others (like me can).

He get the msg "Connection failed, pls try again later."

I know other ppl here had exactly the same problem, but i dont remember what was the solution or which thread it was.
I hope you can help me with that.

Ports are open in router for the Linux LAN IP.
He start the game with the Linux LAN IP. (cuz he is in the network)

In his login terminal, he do get "Connection Timout", maybe it has to do with it?

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
he needs a backlinking or watever its called...

i got same prob i cant use my ip to go to my website on my pc i can only use 127.0.0.1 bcz baclinking isnt active... i dont remmeber how to activate it :D

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
try google . :) when i finish my website ill try find it too.. bcz i have to host with hamachi now since im on wifi on my modem...:/

i dont wana use wire (20m lenght :D ) bcz its laptop ...

Upvote 0

vdc

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Try to ping his WAN IP first, if it works then maybe some problem in config files. If can't ping his own WAN IP from his computer. Then he have to config the modem or at least contact to his internet company they may help it.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
wooouuuuw no no no NEVER CONTACT ur ISP for such things!!
if ur ISP finds out ur hosting server (which is illegal to do in this case since this is not allowed at all) they can sue u for "ALOT" of money!

ive known a person who had this problem he got out of the paying part but his whole network had to be shutdown and it was a success.

Upvote 0

vdc

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Noob, you really tell your ISP you are making server?? Why don't you just said you want open port 80 and use your computer for make your own website. And 100% you have to config modem to make a computer in LAN network can ping WAN network. How? I don't know, each modem have different config.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
ye but they will say "i dont understand why you need to open port 80 since you can use 127.0.0.1 adress for testing purposes"

dude its not so simple it will get suspicious and they might or even will start tracking ur recordings

...u dont think at all i see :)

Upvote 0

vdc

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You are dump? A lot of people use their own computer to making a website like me. And they can open remote desktop too. And some for learn to make website and config network for who want to be technician. And illegal or legal is not relate to ISP. If you open a private server, ISP do nothing to you. The private server only can get sue from official server. You don't even know how the relates between private server and official server. Shut up man. Go google and learn more. If a server have a copyright then they can sue you. If they don't have it, there is no way they can sue you. And ISP just a seller, you pay them, they give you internet. That all. Noob!

Did you ever hear that ISP sue a customer because they making server game?. You dump? Learn more about networking kid. And port 80 just an example, for making a website, they can config to any port they want, just to make them able to config their own WAN IP. My friend got this problem before but he don't know how to config the modem and then he call to his ISP and they helped him. They don't need to ask why he need it because now I can tell 90% of modem can ping their own WAN IP. Just for old modem I think it doesn't supported or may be the firmware not update yet, so it can't pint their own WAN IP

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
well its not retarded talk... u should try go to other countries :)

every country is different.

in ireland for example..

i asked them to opem my ports since they were blocking them and i could do nothing about it.

so i told them i just want them open for tesign purposes and they still kept asking " but... i dont get why you want them opened.." so lol i just dropped the call as i got so mad

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
well the port settings seen to be working since i can login from ohter network.
The files in ubuntu are setted correctly idk where is the the wrong setting done :(

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
did he try with LAN and WAN ips ?
also did he get the backlinking set up?

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i dont rly remember how its called but its sumtin like that...

its this thing for router modems (these days most ISPs give router modems..) that makes your ip accesable by yourself.

um well im not great at designing but here is pic how it works :D

Crytex - Other ppl can log in but not the owner himself? - RaGEZONE Forums

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i had a similar problem recently, but it turned out to be my anti-virus, i used avast at that time, it blocked the client.exe in the firewall without my knowloge. i just uninstalled it and used a diferent anti-virus it worked for me

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back