• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Outsourcing most services

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I dont write much text about shits to get developed.
So I just make a listing which could be outsourced, and why and how it works. If you dont know what outsourcing means, you should leave the thread.

Outsourcing Webserver for Homepage
- this will reduce traffic
- provide a bit of DoS Protection if hosted by a correct company (strato, ovh and many others)
- better Admin handling and more security for the gameserver

-> Problem: I tested it, and I cannot make a connection to the SQL
-> You need to know how to use windows firewall rules to grant access only to the companys IP-Ranges
-> It costs 2-5$ more every month

Outsourcing FTP Server for CrestEmblems
- this will reduce traffic
- provide a bit of DoS Protection if hosted by a correct company (strato, ovh and many others)
- better Admin handling and more security for the gameserver

-> already tested and works well
-> stable and more secure
-> mostly your webspace includes already a ftp service

Outsourcing Database (by yxc001)
- better management
- increase performance
- more security

Separate Servers for Silkroad Modules (by yxc001)
- easier management if you wanna expand
- better performance

Setting up a Security Proxy (developed by me)
- Hides the windows IP so your root + SQL cannot be attacked so easy
- easy avoids flood exploits to crash your modules

-> I dont know how the modules communicate and thats why it procudes a loop which cause a huge amount of lags - if some1 is interested in working together with this Security Proxy with me, let me know.

tschulian - Outsourcing most services - RaGEZONE Forums

*this is the Scheme of the Proxy. Its already working well, but got a little issue with communication between Serverfiles and Proxy itself.

PS: be careful AngelsMU says he is MGProject and try to abuse his name.

Last edited:
Retired
Reaction score
Uhm ... and how should this help the newb "developers"? They don't even know how to use apache, and this should classify them using extern connectivities about their crests and webpage?

Trust me, most of them won't follow this ... over-tschulian-ed diagram, or even think about hosting something similar to the subjects here.
They are like "me host server, money money!". The rest with some brains.exe can figure it out by themselves.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Uhm ... and how should this help the newb "developers"? They don't even know how to use apache, and this should classify them using extern connectivities about their crests and webpage?

Trust me, most of them won't follow this ... over-tschulian-ed diagram, or even think about hosting something similar to the subjects here.
They are like "me host server, money money!". The rest with some brains.exe can figure it out by themselves.

:D haha your right, but thats why I asked about some ppl could figure out or explain how to outsource this shits.
The outsourcing of the FTP worked very well and easy, the webserver should also work easy and well, but there is a problem with the SQL Remote connection. I can connect to my sql server from home (via SQL Management Console), but the webserver cant. I found out that my Management console on my home PC connects to the sql server via port 1275 (which actually shouldnt even work because this port is closed) its very weird....

My diagram is based on my actual setup which works perfectly indeed there is just one misconfiguration which make my connection from server to proxy lag because there is a loop - I think the error is based on the certification which is bind on the proxy IP.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, you should be able to connect to SQL, if you can't, simply make an API in your server, and then connect both server with this API

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Outsourcing Database
- better management
- increase performance
- more security

Separate Servers for Silkroad Modules
- easier management if you wanna expand
- better performance

Back