• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Parts ordered up.. peek in! Give some criticism if you like!

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Crawled out of bed this morning around 8.. scooted off to work (my day off) and picke dup my paycheck, stopped by the bank, did some errands, did the tags on my truck, picked up some carburetor cleaner for my CPU work later.. and then sat down to finalize the last of my PC Re-Build

EDIT: lol, I got a funny message from a buddy wondering why the heck I used Carburetor cleaner for my CPU, and here is the answer!
-Carburetor cleaner is designed to:
... dissolves carburetor deposits such as gum, sludge and varnish to improve fuel system performance and... (yadda yadda)
And on top of that, is designed to keep the internal fine tuning parts of the carburetor in perfect condition, and not corrode metals.

In terms for CPU usage, use it to clean off your CPU and your Heatsinks. It sprays off thermal grease/pads without a second of sitting.. and you dont even have to wipe it off with any concentrated effort.

My recommendations: Try it before you go buy any rubbing alcohol (doesnt work for crap on thermal grease anyway) or any sort of fancy dancy wipe pads or grease. 4.65 for a large can, lasts through dozens and dozens and dozens of builds, and works wonders!

MOBO:
ASUS CROSSHAIR Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

CPU:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz Socket AM2 Processor
AMD Processors for Desktops: AMD Athlon

Last edited:

SiK

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That computer is going to be simply *ridiculous* for a workstation.

Mythic Archon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
that pc will last long, nice 1,total cost of it ?

Loyal Member
Reaction score
The parts shown here are right at the $1100 range added all together.

To be honest, the RAM I purchased, mushkin xp's, Is currently the best on the market for overclockability. Read up on it, and apparantly, at 2.0v, you can do a 4-4-3-10-966 then when you switch down to 5-5-5-15 (Like most current high end ram) you can shoot well past 1100MHz without needing to touch voltages... I will have to find a stable point, I was figuring 4-4-3-10 is a good tight timing though, may try to get a 966 out of it with even tighter timings perhaps =)

Reaction score
The parts shown here are right at the $1100 range added all together.

To be honest, the RAM I purchased, mushkin xp's, Is currently the best on the market for overclockability. Read up on it, and apparantly, at 2.0v, you can do a 4-4-3-10-966 then when you switch down to 5-5-5-15 (Like most current high end ram) you can shoot well past 1100MHz without needing to touch voltages... I will have to find a stable point, I was figuring 4-4-3-10 is a good tight timing though, may try to get a 966 out of it with even tighter timings perhaps =)

Nearly all the good D9 chips does that. =P

One of the reasons why I got some Crucial Ballistix when they when they was on sale for $200.

NoPeace - out

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well worth the price indeed.. every single cent of it.

My current RAM Im using on this computer, was around $220 for it, and it is only about a year old give or take... it performs flawlessly, have tweaked it to what I feel comfortable with... so I definatly know what to look for in Ram.

I was tempted to purchase some of that Dominator RAM, but to be honest, those huge fins taht stick up a good inch and a half form the RAM woudl get in the way of my CPU cooling fan that provides good airflow over the entire North/South Bridge, Memory, and CPU... and well, I feel I didnt need any flashy LED's on them either ;)

Reaction score
Well worth the price indeed.. every single cent of it.

My current RAM Im using on this computer, was around $220 for it, and it is only about a year old give or take... it performs flawlessly, have tweaked it to what I feel comfortable with... so I definatly know what to look for in Ram.

I was tempted to purchase some of that Dominator RAM, but to be honest, those huge fins taht stick up a good inch and a half form the RAM woudl get in the way of my CPU cooling fan that provides good airflow over the entire North/South Bridge, Memory, and CPU... and well, I feel I didnt need any flashy LED's on them either ;)

Yeah the Dominators are a good deal also. No longer jacked up in price. You can get a 2gb pair for about $200 (800mhz @ 4-4-4-12). Though they are not D9 chips and you are paying $50 more for a fancy heat sink when you can get the ones with regular heat sinks for $158 w/ $50 MIR.

Though the OCZ version of the Dominators are just as cheap. And with them you get the option to water cool. :drool:

Though the problem with the OCZ ones is that they are 4-4-4-15 and not 4-4-4-12.

NoPeace - out

Loyal Member
Reaction score
I Hate Hate Hate weekends.. no mail deliveries ;)

The mail is less then 30 miles form me right now with all my wonderful boxes of goodness love, adn things that bring peace, hate, and general death to peopel in games.. and I cant go get it *grr*

To top it off, My 2 days off for the week.. are Sunday, and Thursday.. which bites, because its a Split day off, and those suck.. and I work the PM shift, work starts at 3.

The problem with work starting at 3, is taht the mail gets here at 2:30-2:45 usually.. so I am leaving, the boxes come in, I go ooo... aaaaa... hold them for a bit, rub them to make sure they are mine.. and then scoot off to work, only to mediate about them in my head until I get home 9 hours later.

lol, oof.. sorry, just sucks ;)

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score

The mail is less then 30 miles form me right now with all my wonderful boxes of goodness love, adn things that bring peace, hate, and general death to peopel in games.. and I cant go get it *grr*

To top it off, My 2 days off for the week.. are Sunday, and Thursday.. which bites, because its a Split day off, and those suck.. and I work the PM shift, work starts at 3.

The problem with work starting at 3, is taht the mail gets here at 2:30-2:45 usually.. so I am leaving, the boxes come in, I go ooo... aaaaa... hold them for a bit, rub them to make sure they are mine.. and then scoot off to work, only to mediate about them in my head until I get home 9 hours later.

your extremly lucky!

when i order packages when the post place gets them they hold them till saturday.. so i order on wendsdays so i get 3 day shipping.

hmm your orderin parts and so am i im ordering a new s754 2.4ghz o_O ill get it up to 2.8 maybe

Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure, on air cooling, and my current setup and technical knowledge, I can probably hit an easy 1066 on the RAM with as tight timings as i can hold, and a good 3.4-3.5 GHz on the x2 6000+... best part about AMD chips as opposed to Intels, they score vastly higher with memory ratings.. it uses your RAM alot mroe efficiently then Intel chips do.. so I will really have to pull out some benchmarks when I've got it all up adn running.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure, on air cooling, and my current setup and technical knowledge, I can probably hit an easy 1066 on the RAM with as tight timings as i can hold, and a good 3.4-3.5 GHz on the x2 6000+... best part about AMD chips as opposed to Intels, they score vastly higher with memory ratings.. it uses your RAM alot mroe efficiently then Intel chips do.. so I will really have to pull out some benchmarks when I've got it all up adn running.

of course!
i had my sempron runing 2.2 on vista enterprise 64 bit and it was sweet and fast on my pc3200 ram.
but my wifi card dosent have 64 bit drivers yet...

amd also packs in alot more Cushioning for there chips so i think the new atis will be so flexible on the OC

edit: whats going to happen to your Pc3200 ram

Loyal Member
Reaction score
My motherboard (A8N-SLI Deluxe), my 4000+ San Diego, and my 4 gigs of ram are all going into another box for my little brother, where he will pay me monthly until its all payed off at half price from when i bought it new (minus the motherboard..as it is 2 years old and I am giving that to him for free)

Other then that, I think the only 'extras' I will ahve not in use will be... 3 120mm Tri-Cool fans, an 80mm fan i will be removing totally.. and then modding the front of my case to put a secondary SilenX 120mm Red LED above the second.. wont be hard at all, and well... thats it I think.. I recycle all my odl pieces or sell them :)

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
My motherboard (A8N-SLI Deluxe), my 4000+ San Diego, and my 4 gigs of ram are all going into another box for my little brother, where he will pay me monthly until its all payed off at half price from when i bought it new (minus the motherboard..as it is 2 years old and I am giving that to him for free)

Other then that, I think the only 'extras' I will ahve not in use will be... 3 120mm Tri-Cool fans, an 80mm fan i will be removing totally.. and then modding the front of my case to put a secondary SilenX 120mm Red LED above the second.. wont be hard at all, and well... thats it I think.. I recycle all my odl pieces or sell them :)

oh
how much did a gig of your ram cost ( pc3200)
i need some fast low latecy ram for a front burner stick of ram

Loyal Member
Reaction score
I bought them in 2x1GB packs, and it was... one moment, let me copy + paste it from zipzoomfly...

Code:
 Item No.  	 Description  	 Price  	 Qty  	 Ext. Price
85214 	OCZ OCZ4002048ELDCTE-K 2GB Kit DDR400 PC3200 Titanium Edition Dual Channel Memory Retail ***Free Shipping*** 	$202.99 	2 	$405.98

Sub Total: 	$405.98
  	Discount: 	$0.00
  	Sales Tax: 	$0.00
  	Shipping: 	$1.99

ORDER TOTAL: 	$407.97

Reaction score

Can I just say LOL. :icon6:

Yeah you can probably get a 4-4-4-15 at 1066. Though it might just be a little to tight. =P

And the 6000+ get 3.5 just as often as the e6600 gets 3.2 so that should be easy also.

And of course AMD does better in memory bandwidth. The memory controller is located on the chip and not the chipset. So you don't have to worry about the FSB limiting the performance. Stupid Intel just doesn't want to do on die memory controllers. Their solution to the FSB bottleneck is to use two separate FSB for the next gen CPUs. :evil:

NoPeace - out

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah you can probably get a 4-4-4-15 at 1066. Though it might just be a little to tight. =P

And the 6000+ get 3.5 just as often as the e6600 gets 3.2 so that should be easy also.

And of course AMD does better in memory bandwidth. The memory controller is located on the chip and not the chipset. So you don't have to worry about the FSB limiting the performance. Stupid Intel just doesn't want to do on die memory controllers. Their solution to the FSB bottleneck is to use two separate FSB for the next gen CPUs. :evil:

NoPeace - out

I'll probably have to decrease it to a 5-5-4-15 or a 4-5-5-15 to get it just right at 1066... that way itll help an awful lot more for my chip.. thats why I decided to stick with the AMD chip, because your memory overclocks are soooo much more beneficial in server applications and large memory hogs.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
what video card you gonna buy?

that's kinda of expensive really ..

where you buying it from?

Back