• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[PC] Counter-Strike GO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
HyDroKD - [PC] Counter-Strike GO - RaGEZONE Forums

Well as some of you already know, their is going to be a new CS what are your thought?

here is a quick look into CS:GO.

What you guys think ? is going to Fail or Not ?

I personally think that this is the best think that could happen to cs. hopefully put the 1.6 community and the Source community into one game.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Looks like they are keeping it pretty close to the original. Can be good, but it has to be felt first. CS: Source did not look too bad in trailers either, but it did not have the feeling and flow of 1.6.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yea the updated graphics look similar to cod but I am sure the gameplay is different. Cross Platform play is going to be epic pwning noobs who play on their xbox Lolz !!

Reaction score
Announcer stated that Valve did not make Counter Strike 2, instead they just reworked parts of the source engine...
UMM, HELLO?!? the game looks no way like 1.6/S; I guess they succeeded in making CS2. Matchmaking? Steal much from HoN? Another cod clone. I'd rather play tetris. :sneaky2: Imo, Game looks like trash.

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Announcer stated that Valve did not make Counter Strike 2, instead they just reworked parts of the source engine...
UMM, HELLO?!? the game looks no way like 1.6/S; I guess they succeeded in making CS2. Matchmaking? Steal much from HoN? Another cod clone. I'd rather play tetris. :sneaky2: Imo, Game looks like trash.

Upgrading the graphic engines and adding some new details, thats what they did.

You think HoN created the idea of matchmaking? Not even close.

I like the idea, and yeah I hope that they don't add too much and removes some of the fun usermade game modes.

Reaction score
What are you basing this on? Aside from them both being shooters, I don't see anything that would make them a CoD game. They don't use ADS, Perks, Killstreaks etc, all vital ingredients for it to be a CoD clone.

1) Graphics are COD like
2) Skins are not the same as cs1.6 or source ( looks more cod than another game in my oppinion )
3) what with the Molotov weapon? its kinda weird making something on CS. blocking the ways with fire?

I know valve must go ahead with the newest technology but they should think about the previous games and stay the content they had before. this new cs coming out, in my view has nothing with Counter Strike and believe me or not. i play Counter Strike every days mostly on CSSMixes and i know what the game is. also i play this game from the release date.

you cant just compare tetris with Counterstrike, you cant compare a FPS VS Arcade, thats just stupid to do ( no offense ). since the style of the games are COMPLETELY different from each other.

and when you said "game looks like trash" you should have reasons for saying that.
I hope you're not like those kids that rate the games for their graphics.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I played cs for too long. I seen it evolve from version 1.3 ... This, this isn't counter strike... Molotov cocktail? cmon.. If they wanted to make cs beautiful, should of made knives throw-able..

@Rejected, to be honest, I love tetris and not going to try this csgo.
I am a kid? And you are adult?.. 1994yob.. ggwp. V1r65 - [PC] Counter-Strike GO - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
You can't expect cs to stay the same over different versions, I'm glad they are keeping some of the old maps though and looking forwards to their new play styles. I played cs from around the end of 1.3 and right through to a good few years of source, I enjoyed all versions but I hope they can get the old school pace back.

Reaction score
Well do you guys expect them to sit back and leave the graphics way behind in the gaming world? Of course they are going to update the graphics, regardless of whether or not they look like other games. They only tend to look like other games, because they have updated graphics.

Reaction score
I played cs for too long. I seen it evolve from version 1.3 ... This, this isn't counter strike... Molotov cocktail? cmon.. If they wanted to make cs beautiful, should of made knives throw-able..

@Rejected, to be honest, I love tetris and not going to try this csgo.
I am a kid? And you are adult?.. 1994yob.. ggwp. V1r65 - [PC] Counter-Strike GO - RaGEZONE Forums

i've called you a kid? cmon error. if the cape fits your head thats not my problem i just said some people looks like idiots because of rating games only for the graphics.
and i dont even care if you are going to try csgo. who cares?

and if you mad call 911 and tell them to arrest me.

ontopic

did you already saw the weapons ingame?

Famas / awp / scout. they look just weird

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Wtf are you noobs talking about? honestly the game does not look like COD at all! Valve invited a lot of Pro's to come test out the game and which none have said the game felt like a COD game what so ever.

Reaction score
Okay, now we're noobs for having an opinion?

Nevertheless, I still think that the way the game plays is much more important than it looks. Who cares if it looks like CoD? I personally like the way CoD games look and occasionally play. If it does look like CoD, then it does.. but as a single person, your opinion on that isn't going to make them change anything about the game.

Reaction score
Wtf are you noobs talking about? honestly the game does not look like COD at all! Valve invited a lot of Pro's to come test out the game and which none have said the game felt like a COD game what so ever.

the noob comes when you get here and posted that poop. if you cant respect an opinion you must pray for your life in the future cause if you don't accept an opinion later like in your job and be like you are right in your post you will probably fail at life, like Tyler said: everyone has their opinions and everyone should respect each others. I Ducking love Cod more than CS to be honest. and when I'm saying cs:go is becoming cod like its because of the graphics and much other aspects. now, if you cant accept any body's opinion why are you even posting? You should really change yourself when you think that only you know everything and the only guy that can be right in everything is you.

Reaction score
1) Graphics are COD like
2) Skins are not the same as cs1.6 or source ( looks more cod than another game in my oppinion )
3) what with the Molotov weapon? its kinda weird making something on CS. blocking the ways with fire?
How are the graphics CoD like? Seriously? That makes absolutely no sense at all. Just because the Source graphics suck these days, doesn't mean upgrading them means they are CoD like, it just means they were improved.
Skins simply also get improved, again has nothing to do with CoD.
3. Only CoD 5 uses Molotov cocktails in MP, so this is a huge stretch. On top of that Molotov cocktails are popular in many games.

It seems like you've got a big hatred for CoD and you are now trying to dump on it every chance you got.

Whether you think this will be a improvement or not is up to you, but let's not pretend they are copying CoD.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Molotov cocktails seem like a good addition to CS. I can see it fitting into the gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back