• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[PC] Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
I mostly play ranked just for the quests as well, but every now and then I get an idea for a deck and then play it and keep adjusting it till I've reached a conclusion whether it works or not. It's actually great fun building your deck around a solid strategy which extends your decisions round to round from only reacting to the current situation to thinking of how the game will progress in several turns.

Reaction score
Oh this was just fantastic, I got the enemy down to 1 health, got a few minions up including Knife Juggler. He could have still won (though small chance), he plays a taunt minion and still had some. Now instead of killing my Knife Juggler, he plays Leeroy Jenkins.... well you can guess how that ended. :D

Master Summoner
Reaction score
just got two from one pack... wtb good legendary cards that I could use :( So far 3 legendary cards:

Reaction score
just got two from one pack... wtb good legendary cards that I could use :( So far 3 legendary cards:

Two in one? Maaan, you lucky beast! He's not useless!

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Two in one? Maaan, you lucky beast! He's not useless!

but I rarely see opponents with weapons :( Its either a mage, hunter, or shaman (hunter and shaman have weapons, but they rarely use them when I fight them)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
HearthStone - Hunter vs Hunter (Ranked) - Battle of the hounds (Just sharing)

Reaction score
Always removing tracking. I guess you saw why. ;)
Frankly I'm not that convinced about the card, yes it gives you a good chance to get a nice card, but it also makes you discard 2, if you got to pick between 3 op cards at the cost of 1 mana, you're gonna have a bad time.
Freezing trap is bad early on as well.
Turn 1: Well you saw what happened. Hounds was the best choice, but yeah it's tough. If you want to get more cards, put flare in your deck instead.
Turn 2: Yeah definitely possible, either forces him to remove it, or receive more damage. Bit shame though that you were lacking minions.
Turn 3: Agree on the trap and tracking card, but the choice is very rough, all 3 cards are very important, the 1 health obviously for clearing a taunt or op minion, but the other 2 are vital for your hounds combo. Yet again reason why I very much dislike Tracking.
Turn 4: Had to be done, you usually want that for a stronger minion, but this was definitely the best choice.
Turn 5: Yeah you couldn't really do anything, you could have wasted a few cards, but imo not worth it, if you keep his minion on the board and force him to take out knife juggler, he can only play more for you to use hounds.
Turn 6: On 1 hand that's a powerful card at the right time, on the other hand he probably has hounds and reduce to 1 health, so even if you can buff it up, it will die.
Turn 7: Would not have been my choice, would have used 1 set of hounds, dashed 2 in the Acidics, then cast the other one (that way you keep the max) and dash 4 into his 4, leaving 2 up. Yes it's harder to win, but if he had another timber wolf with hounds + shot (reasonable chance), he would have killed you because you had so many minions on the board.
His turn: Ok he just went full Special person... he should have board cleared and got his hyena way up, not only did you not have a response for it (though he didn't know that), but what he did now had absolutely no use, he had a chance to win, now he just went Special person and lost.
Omg I watched further... another timber wolf. If he had just played that from the start with hounds, he would have won. That dude seriously went extreme Special person.

Btw for the math: 2x acidics = 6 damage, 2x timber wolf (each 2 due to buffing each other) = 4 damage + 3x hounds = 9 damage + 2 hunter skill = 21 damage, you had 18 health. Man that dude was stupid...

You would have definitely lost this one if he could count.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Frankly I'm not that convinced about the card, yes it gives you a good chance to get a nice card, but it also makes you discard 2, if you got to pick between 3 op cards at the cost of 1 mana, you're gonna have a bad time.

I agree about the tracking - It will FORCE you to discard 2 good cards, how ever in crucial situation it help you a lot.

Agree on the trap and tracking card, but the choice is very rough, all 3 cards are very important, the 1 health obviously for clearing a taunt or op minion, but the other 2 are vital for your hounds combo. Yet again reason why I very much dislike Tracking.

That trap card is OP, when the opponent does attack either the HERO or the MINION it will still activate.

Omg I watched further... another timber wolf. If he had just played that from the start with hounds, he would have won. That dude seriously went extreme Special person.

Btw for the math: 2x acidics = 6 damage, 2x timber wolf (each 2 due to buffing each other) = 4 damage + 3x hounds = 9 damage + 2 hunter skill = 21 damage, you had 18 health. Man that dude was stupid...

I had to agree on this, ~ I think my opponent is just confused and rattle about the situation.

-
This is one example of a GOOD tracking.

Reaction score
Was it really? Let's say he had Flare instead, he would have gotten the explosive trap from that, he could have played that + doing damage to the hero. The hero would have attacked him and triggered trap, meaning 4 damage, at that point he would have 5 health (or 3 health 2 armor) left, next turn he would have hounds + kill command, so assuming he playing 1 minion, he would be dead. If not the Abomination could have been played.

The point is that except for highly situational situations, the card is very useless and should only be played in a very desperate moment. But you are actually creating that desperate moment by having 2 of them in your deck, instead of drawing something useful, you draw that and you have nothing useful to play.

Flare does that in a way as well, but the major difference is that it removes stealth and secrets, making it a very strong card against say mages, hunters and rogues, but even when you don't need it, you can still use it for 1 mana to grab a different card. Since the Hunter has such amazing synergy, a smaller deck would actually help you, so getting 2 flares in effectively makes your deck a little smaller for low cost.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Was it really? Let's say he had Flare instead, he would have gotten the explosive trap from that, he could have played that + doing damage to the hero. The hero would have attacked him and triggered trap, meaning 4 damage, at that point he would have 5 health (or 3 health 2 armor) left, next turn he would have hounds + kill command, so assuming he playing 1 minion, he would be dead. If not the Abomination could have been played.

The point is that except for highly situational situations, the card is very useless and should only be played in a very desperate moment. But you are actually creating that desperate moment by having 2 of them in your deck, instead of drawing something useful, you draw that and you have nothing useful to play.

Flare does that in a way as well, but the major difference is that it removes stealth and secrets, making it a very strong card against say mages, hunters and rogues, but even when you don't need it, you can still use it for 1 mana to grab a different card. Since the Hunter has such amazing synergy, a smaller deck would actually help you, so getting 2 flares in effectively makes your deck a little smaller for low cost.

Well said, Now I do have 1 flare and 1 tracking only.
And I had to reconstruct my deck for better synergy.

Reaction score

Keep one, its an extremely good card playing warrior decks with multiple legendarys and really really good vs warriors / miracle rogue in general

Also you'll probably all hate me for knowing that i play that face hunter deck where you have a minion you play out every turn and just hit them in the face the next turn.

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
Funny enough. I guess he was going to lose anyway but here's a good reason you don't want to put 4 health buffs on a single minion :D

Hearthstone_Screenshot_5.8.2014.17.08.02 - [PC] Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard - RaGEZONE Forums

The first time I saw a 3/32 taunt though so well done on that! :)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Master Summoner
Reaction score
Funny enough. I guess he was going to lose anyway but here's a good reason you don't want to put 4 health buffs on a single minion :D

View attachment 145408

The first time I saw a 3/32 taunt though so well done on that! :)

Definitely a stupid thing to do. The only time you actually buff a minion to max is when you can attack with it that turn. I think the best combo to do with a priest is:

Turn 9 (Turn 8 if you went second and have a mana crystal):

x2

Ofcourse you would have to stall that long, having to not use 4(5) cards for like the whole entire game. On top of that, if there is a taunt minion or a secret played, this strategy can suck big time.

YAY! new patch nerfed "Unleash the Hounds"

Last edited:
Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
Hehe, first time I dealt 15 damage to the hero by using a healing spell! I played the board so that he had 2 damaged Northshire Clerics and I had 2 other damaged minions. Heal all minions -> force him to draw 8 cards.. too bad he only had 3 left in the deck :D On top of it all he already had a nearly full hand so he had to burn 2 out of 3 last draws.

Back