• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[PC] Steam - Garry's Mod?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The heck is Garry's mod? I'm thinking about buying CS:S, and for another $5 usd I can get Garry's mod which is usually $10 usd.

Should I get it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Its a sandbox mod for the HL2 engine where you can create allsorts of enviroments and objects with all the hl2 and CS stuff.
Like adding thrusters to a skip with wheels on or placing gordon in a home made catapult,you can let your imagination go just take a look on google video for garrys mod and im sure theyll make your mind up on wether its worth it.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So i need HL2 or will CSS work with it?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
websites: his old site/blog - gone now...

his new one...
weird thou that he stop posting videos on his new site...i like it how he does all those cool stuff in his videos XD

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Garry's mod 9 (The free one) requires css,hl2:dm and halflife2 however the new one, Garry's mod 10 (10USD) requires a source game ( Can be anything ).

wrong

i been playing gmod for over 2 yrs now... and have gmod 10 and its awsome...

to play it i dont need css, halflife... but u need the files... when u download gmod from steam it will download all the files for css, halflife etc and the files for gmod, if u already got them then it will only download the gmod 10 files and wiv that link it up to your css and halflife 2 files...

i payed for gmod 10 when it came out their are some bugs wiv the game but this gmod is better as it updates from steam + errors and fixed quicker... most of the stuff have gone but just got to wait a little for someone to pull out a very good mod giving it more functions...

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
GMod 10 becomes boring after a while of playing, my mate purchased it... he said
better to stick with gmod 9, gmod 10 is more of a fun for the first hour product.

I am sure you could spend that money on something more fun like a match at man

or something else for $10....

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
gmod is extremely fun and if you dont want to new 1 play gmod 9 and play in noxious servers very fun mods and friendly ppl my name is gandhi if u play there :)

30 Seconds.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I saw a couple of movies at Youtube I don't see much of fun, all you do is put some things on the map and its like that?

Ron can thou get me Garry's mod?

Back