• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Personal Domain

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Are portfolio type websites a good idea? Like a domain of "www.mikemylastname.com", and have a picture of myself, a homepage of information about me and my life, and another page with a small blog for my random blogging?

Would this ever help me get a job, if people wanted to find out about me, they could Google me? Or help with anything? Or is it just a stupid idea?

Maybe even a page with a resume, as I'm currently job-hunting.

Also link to my social networking pages?

And does anyone else have a domain like this? If so, I'd love to see it, to get some ideas.

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh, and by "random blogging" I mean blogging about my life. About what's going on, jobs I'm looking into, jobs I'm working at, my experiences, etc.

Gold
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Good for when your older to look back, and family too.

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Only 15? Says the boy who just turned 14? :p

Yes though, I am 15. I'm just kind of curious if it will help me get a job at all. They can read about me, and learn about me. I'm just starting to get to a point in my life where I want a job, and to start saving up for my future, so I can have a good one, with a good car, house, job, wife, etc.

Reaction score
If your working in web design or programming, its perfect.
It's gotta be tied in with your job though. Your site will just have to be, out of this world. Same with programmers.

I turn 15 in March.

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well I'm not thinking of like a portfolio, but just a site about myself for non-web related jobs in the future.

I actually signed up earlier this week to go through police training. There's an excellent school here that will take me next year. You get to go in police cars, and watch the police arrest people, and you help them fill out paperwork, help them solve stuff, and they teach you everything. I'm really excited to get started on this, and maybe become a cop in the future.

I'd love a job as a cop, or FBI, or anything where I have to solve things. I love solving puzzles, and helping people.

Reaction score
I have a personal site: www.ajravindiran.com. It holds a blog (which im too lazy to post nowadays), information about all my projects, downloads of which programs I've created and programs that are handy, and small scripts. I generally made it so anyone who wants to hire me etc can just go on my website and see what kind of person i am, what i do, and things like that.

Reaction score
i made my personal website as webadress my gamer name, so using your real name isnt needed, unless you would like to.

This.

If you google elmarshal you'll get my website up top so yeah it does work if you wanted to be searched.

Eventually when I get the time I want to make it a portfolio also, for the moment its still for dumping images and the odd track now and then. For example ¬_¬.

Last edited:
Saucepan
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Your friends could follow you or they can suggest you to companies and the recruiter will at your site then they will get your contact infos

Back