• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[PHP] Login Tutorial / No Mysql / DarkCoder

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It should've been

<input type="password" name="password" />

or

<input type="password" name="pass">

:p

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
yeah,, xD

and one thing i've never understood,, why do some people add a '?' at the end of the
'action' link?

duck you, I'm a dragon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter really, "?" Is used to separate the file name from variables that are being passed through an url. But in this case "post" is used so the variables aren't passed through the url. Thus it has no use.

hello
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Angry it's called GET method and it's an option to pass variables further.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It doesn't matter really, "?" Is used to separate the file name from variables that are being passed through an url. But in this case "post" is used so the variables aren't passed through the url. Thus it has no use.

yeah,, thats why i've never understood it xD
since most of them have used it with a POST method

Angry it's called GET method and it's an option to pass variables further.

-.-'

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
nope,, i've actually never used the get method :p

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
$_GET $_POST .. what the difference anyone experienced enough can still send false info to both of them. $_GET just make a bit easier ^^

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I wanna say i used the type=text to show to viewer that the password was truly correct. And theirs nothing bad about the $_GET method, you can either delete your viewing history your make sure you don't got a backdoor.

Cause keyloggers could find any password out anyway.

I know php very well now, i just like to start viewers of a basic to a more of a expert stage.

Sorry if i look like a Special person :punch:

Back