Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Pokemon Client+server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am trying to make a pokemon client with no website related, Is there any way to do this you can move with the arrow keys, wasd, and stuff like that.

xkl

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah. I had dial-up, running on a crappy computer when I first heard of Crater. Ah, but I miss it :blushing:

Reaction score
Went abit offtopic for a few posts, but back ontopic now.

I don't think that this would really gain the interest of what it used to. It was really popular because people had good enough computers to play on a webpage, but not good enough to have all the animation and effects like the clients do now.

Reaction score
Much better, you've done a good job.
List of things that might want to be changed:

When loading, up in the top left corner it says 'loading...' the number counts down from 100 instead of up to 100%. Plus add a '%' in there?

Your collision detection algorithm, should be run before the animations happen?

Whats the NPC in the players bedroom there for? She is floating above the staircase.

Hypnosis doesn't put the enemy pokemon to sleep ? (idk how far you are into making this game)

When you walk into a pokemon centre it should tell the player that their pokemon have been healed. I only knew this happened because i saw the hp go up.

Increase the rate at which wild pokemon start fights with you. It's too slow atm like 100 steps between each or something.

Will add more when i find more

ahahah, i love that the enemy wild pokemon pops up out of the floor at you!!!

Ok so as far as i can tell, you still need to make he bag, pokemarts, gyms, other maps, npcs, changing pokemon, items. Still got a fair bit to go! other than that i think this is actually well made so far. Good job.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank's man..

1. Added '%' in loading.

2. I've got a problem, I'm not getting the client to load the layers and therefore is no animation of flowers and ledgers

3. The NPC is a Nurse, I'm testing the loading of NPC's, so she is in her home, but already changing it.

4. The battle system has only the basics, do not have the "debuffs" and "buffs".

5. I put to test the Nurse, the mouse over the NPC, restores the Pokemon, but it was just to test, I'm still developing the command "talkToNpc".

6. I'm still testing the wild Pokemon, put small chance of appearing rightfully so. But it is very easy to edit, I'm using TiledMap to make maps.

Example of how the code is in TiledMap:
{"id": "16", "min_level": 2, "max_level": 5, "chance": 0.5}, -> = 16 Pidgey
{"id": "19", "min_level": 2, "max_level": 4, "chance": 0.5} -> = 19 Rattata

The beginning of this project was done by Sonyp_ and is on github, I'm just continuing the work and I intend to finish it. I have all the pokemon database, quests, NPCs, sprites, etc..
I want to put all this in Pokemon I'm doing.
The coolest thing is that there is nothing to download, just play through the browser without having to wait a download.

Thanks man o/

Reaction score
Yeah, i know i noticed it loaded very fast. If you want anyone to test any new thins out that you make, be sure to ask me :D. I'm not gonna go into coding any of that one because im gonna make a few things for -Default's Pokemonium server.

Photoshop Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Haven't played pokemon in long, miss the Red, Blue + Yellow games.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
DeathLord17

I finished the algorithm to detect collision and the animations of the game.

->

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
DeathLord17

I finished the collision system and game animation.

Back