• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

PokeNation - A new Pokemon MORPG (not using pokenet)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The most recent updates on PokeNation are:

New Login Screen

Style was based on suggestions, I hope you like it although it isn't 100% finished(I'm missing the registration tab and a message box).
There is also an error on the font I'm using, but it will be sorted out very soon.

AfqWM - PokeNation - A new Pokemon MORPG (not using pokenet) - RaGEZONE Forums

Forum AddOns

Thanks button, rank images and a unfinished chat were installed.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
just found this from u:

why u never shew it? :D
edit: oh its on your website, well here it would be good too (in the first post).

btw, i like the new login screen and i cant wait to see how u manage the battle. dont make it so boring like in PWO.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
just found this from u:

why u never shew it? :D
edit: oh its on your website, well here it would be good too (in the first post).

btw, i like the new login screen and i cant wait to see how u manage the battle. dont make it so boring like in PWO.

I'm thinking on having battle effects like Black/White, but I'm still a little far from starting doing that. This week I will try to finish website chatbox and focus on the map format, object handling and try to get some spriters/mappers to do some maps.

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
I'm thinking on having battle effects like Black/White, but I'm still a little far from starting doing that. This week I will try to finish website chatbox and focus on the map format, object handling and try to get some spriters/mappers to do some maps.

well i never played black/white, tbh im not a pokemon fan anymore and i stoped after crystal edition (yea, for me there is just kanto and johto :p)
but im still curious, its sounds good, i think u should also find some ppl for the website, btw. ^_^

well, keep going and good luck :3

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Oh wow, I've never been into Pokemon development much but this has caught my eye. Hopefully we'll see this being released soon ^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I came with 3 simple Ideas for the user interface. Also Zeus suggested to make the menus hide-able, like a like arrow that we can click to hide/show.

Tell me if any of those ideas are good, I'm showing some blank buttons because I don't have decent icons for them yet :p

GjnMd - PokeNation - A new Pokemon MORPG (not using pokenet) - RaGEZONE Forums

zHOkd - PokeNation - A new Pokemon MORPG (not using pokenet) - RaGEZONE Forums

8Frem - PokeNation - A new Pokemon MORPG (not using pokenet) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
would be great to add> mini map, Exchange system, Personal Store, Like mmorpg games: D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The most recent updates on PokeNation are:

1. User GUI/Main menu

Based on suggestions I decided to make the menu draggable so I could place it on one of the 4 game corners. Yet this isn't done, only the menu itself. Also you can see the small bottom bar with basic information (Cash, Rep and Game time).

ANAzc - PokeNation - A new Pokemon MORPG (not using pokenet) - RaGEZONE Forums

MjznZ - PokeNation - A new Pokemon MORPG (not using pokenet) - RaGEZONE Forums

2. Multi Cursor System

When you over some special tiles they will have another cursor to show.
    you can also see on the videoa basic ledge system, it has no "jump animation", but I will work on that later :)

3. Interface System

This is the first interface I've made:

wUpw0 - PokeNation - A new Pokemon MORPG (not using pokenet) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
PokeNation Map Pack and guidelines

So, as many people seems to want to help us, you can do it! You can now start "mapping" for PokeNation.

Basically I'm releasing information on the current map structure/layers/tilesets inside a "Map Pack".
You can use it as base to start creating your own maps.

Map Pack Downloads:

or the most recent pack:

Map Editor:

You can download it from their site:

Video doing a part of a map:

(Note: I'm not a good mapper at all..)

Now start training and you may become an official PokeNation Mapper!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm interested... to buy the engine/source code when it's finished...
If that's even allowed... xD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There are lots of update being made, I'll re-do the main thread very soon to show the new stuff.

Meanwhile I was testing these cursors, and will probably use them :p

2f2UP - PokeNation - A new Pokemon MORPG (not using pokenet) - RaGEZONE Forums

If you're interested in our project give your suggestions here or hop in our chat

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Those cursors are really cool. Little details that make the game look that much better.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
what is this coded with java i know but what else? seems amazing great job !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
what is this coded with java i know but what else? seems amazing great job !

If you are asking about external libraries, on the client we use one (jorbis). If you were more interested in the drawing engine, is done with java2d.

Back