• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

PokeNation - A new Pokemon MORPG (not using pokenet)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
If you are asking about external libraries, on the client we use one (jorbis). If you were more interested in the drawing engine, is done with java2d.
Seems amazing. Great Job. any idea when it should be released?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Seems amazing. Great Job. any idea when it should be released?

Before Christmas I think.

Pokemon implementation on both server and client almost done. :)

EJe8u - PokeNation - A new Pokemon MORPG (not using pokenet) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
is it going to be like one of the original games or full out custom maps? Playing pkm online is pretty lame when your just replaying the same old world.

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
is it going to be like one of the original games or full out custom maps? Playing pkm online is pretty lame when your just replaying the same old world.

i would rebuild kanto and johto, but in every case expand it to north side. maybe u should try to make some bigger maps that arent just paths between two points. i hate walls tbh.

get something to do xD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Well the maps are custom versions of the original ones. The mapper gives it his own touch on them but you can still say, "I know this is Pallet Town" without anyone telling you that. Fully custom maps that are not in the games will possibly appear, almost sure they will, but it still depends on the story line and a lot of other factors.

btw another little update:
Hrc3B - PokeNation - A new Pokemon MORPG (not using pokenet) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well the maps are custom versions of the original ones. The mapper gives it his own touch on them but you can still say, "I know this is Pallet Town" without anyone telling you that. Fully custom maps that are not in the games will possibly appear, almost sure they will, but it still depends on the story line and a lot of other factors.

btw another little update:
Hrc3B - PokeNation - A new Pokemon MORPG (not using pokenet) - RaGEZONE Forums

the new update looks nice, as for maps... well ill have to see lol. Last Online pkm game i played was PokeMMO, and was disappointed considering it's the exact same thing as the original game, but online packed with annoying 9gags and 4chan homo's. I'd rather play offline and use the tradition link cable xD. I do hope that you impute something different like co-op battle or something that makes your game stand out of the rest playing wise. Graphical wise i think it looks really great.

Good Luck

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I see it's java and so, if you need an experianced java dev. Let me know I can do a lot of performance improvements, and even help at developing it. I am already team leader of L2DCproject( ) can check out some info thereee

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
p1VXm - PokeNation - A new Pokemon MORPG (not using pokenet) - RaGEZONE Forums

Basic channel system, I'm typing really slow in the gif xd

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm amazed by your updates everytime.
May I ask which tileset you are using, or is it custom?

It's a compilation of many tiles that we find/rip trough the web. I think you can find many on deviantart .

STRAIGHT FROM OUR UPDATE LOG @

As promised we will keep the update log updated.

So, today Polish has continued his work on Battle Interface. We aim to have the best battle screen among the other pokemon morpgs, which won't be that hard as their current battle screens are all too basic and static.

Note that he just started working on it, the pokemon are animated and he also already started working on move effects. The dimensions of the current screen are not final, this is just for testing.

N4LyP - PokeNation - A new Pokemon MORPG (not using pokenet) - RaGEZONE Forums

And I've added the interface designed by Apples into the client which I'll finish tomorrow adding the server side of it.

H2dYM - PokeNation - A new Pokemon MORPG (not using pokenet) - RaGEZONE Forums

Oh I almost forgot to say that Polish has been working hard on our current cache system, always trying to improve it here and there. At this moment it let us dynamically update the cache on startup without any major downloads, unlike many other games. And to those who don't know, when I say "cache", I'm talking about the resources that are saved in your computer (images, musics, etc).

Attachments

Affenzirkus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Why does the Graphics switch between HD and 70's ?

Good job there, im definitly in on opening !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It looks so much like a copy of Pokemon-World-Online. But I must say it looks so much more advanced! Good luck!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Another update log, quoted straight from:

The animation effects are just for testing, nothing is tuned for the real battle.

_________

Today I lost a lot of time for my laggy computer but i can show you what I've done:

* Fixed positioning pokemons on their bases.
* Camera moving and resizing poke to whole screen ( still needs to be fixed cause of pokemon animations such as flying -,- but for most of them it works)
* Umm added some moving algorythms (you can see it when pokeicons are falling down)

That's all i think :)

So 99% of you guys dont want to see my crappy text with alot of grammar mistakes , so there ya go:

XavierPokeN - PokeNation - A new Pokemon MORPG (not using pokenet) - RaGEZONE Forums

XavierPokeN - PokeNation - A new Pokemon MORPG (not using pokenet) - RaGEZONE Forums

And prize ! I made a video! Weeeee

STAPH! ! !
Just realized that i wrote only what I done now its time to write what Xavier done:

Yesterday(2 dayz ago :F), Xavier also added PM tabs in our chat to make private conversations easier. It's not fully tested, but it's working afaik.

The battle screen gui design is a result of many ideas shared in our chat (pokenation.org/chat/), feel free to appear there and contribute with your own ideas.

HIHIHI POLSKA KURDE!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Another update log, quoted straight from:

The animation effects are just for testing, nothing is tuned for the real battle.

_________

Today I lost a lot of time for my laggy computer but i can show you what I've done:

* Fixed positioning pokemons on their bases.
* Camera moving and resizing poke to whole screen ( still needs to be fixed cause of pokemon animations such as flying -,- but for most of them it works)
* Umm added some moving algorythms (you can see it when pokeicons are falling down)

That's all i think :)

So 99% of you guys dont want to see my crappy text with alot of grammar mistakes , so there ya go:

And prize ! I made a video! Weeeee

STAPH! ! !
Just realized that i wrote only what I done now its time to write what Xavier done:

Yesterday(2 dayz ago :F), Xavier also added PM tabs in our chat to make private conversations easier. It's not fully tested, but it's working afaik.

The battle screen gui design is a result of many ideas shared in our chat (pokenation.org/chat/), feel free to appear there and contribute with your own ideas.

HIHIHI POLSKA KURDE!

cool, keep it up.

Reaction score
I have to say, i would be disappointed if you release the game with that fight interface. It doesn't match up with the style for the normal playing interface, and it just looks awkward and made without much thought.

Back