Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Power Supply

Reaction score
I googled a lot for this question...how can I choose a correct power supply for my pc (desktop)?
Mhmm...is there differences between watt and sizes?

The higher the watt, the better/faster the computer runs?

Is there any specific brand of power supply?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It makes no effect whatsoever on how the computer runs no matter if you use 500 watt or 1500 watt, the difference is what components you use, if your CPU uses 90 watt and your graphic card uses 300 watt and your hdds use 20 watt together you can't use a 300 Watt power supply to run that computer, you'd need at least 500, always leave a margin of error buy a bit higher watt than needed because maxed out power supplies can be unstable and cause power fluctuations which cause blue screen of deaths or fried computer components, also Power supply units lose capacity over time, from what I heard you can expect to lose 30% of it's total watt after 5 years

I suggest you buy quality brands on PSUs, rather pay a few more bucks than get the latest bargain PSU, a PSU that messes up can destroy every single component on your computer (happend to me once, the motherboard caught on fire and the only thing that survived was my SSD and my CPU)

Reaction score
It makes no effect whatsoever on how the computer runs no matter if you use 500 watt or 1500 watt, the difference is what components you use, if your CPU uses 90 watt and your graphic card uses 300 watt and your hdds use 20 watt together you can't use a 300 Watt power supply to run that computer, you'd need at least 500, always leave a margin of error buy a bit higher watt than needed because maxed out power supplies can be unstable and cause power fluctuations which cause blue screen of deaths or fried computer components, also Power supply units lose capacity over time, from what I heard you can expect to lose 30% of it's total watt after 5 years

I suggest you buy quality brands on PSUs, rather pay a few more bucks than get the latest bargain PSU, a PSU that messes up can destroy every single component on your computer (happend to me once, the motherboard caught on fire and the only thing that survived was my SSD and my CPU)
What's the highest Watts and the price range?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The highest watt PSU I've heard of is 1600 watt, but unless you're planning to use 3 or 4 graphic cards in your system it's a complete waste of money. 750 watt is more than enough for every single GPU desktop rig I've heard about, even after it ages. I've bought mine for about 90 usd with 750 watt, the price varies though depending on brand, also prices dropped since I've bought mine, now you can get 750 watt for 45 bucks

Last edited:
Reaction score
The highest watt PSU I've heard of is 1600 watt, but unless you're planning to use 3 or 4 graphic cards in your system it's a complete waste of money. 750 watt is more than enough for every single GPU desktop rig I've heard about, even after it ages I've bought mine for about 90 usd with 750 watt, the price varies though depending on brand, also prices dropped since I've bought mine, now you can get 750 watt for 45 bucks
k :) thanks

Reaction score
650 and 750 is the sweet spot for psus. Get a 650 if you're trying to save cash but I'd recommend getting a 750 as it never hurts to have more. I'd rather have too much power than too little and have to buy another psu.

Back