Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private servers under attack? I can help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello there.

I heard there are lots of private servers under attack, instead of buying ddos protection. Protect your ip address.

When a hacker can't get the ip your server and or website is hosted on, he can't even start a attack.

Now i have some tips for server owners to use.
When you are hosting scripts on the webhost of your server.
You must use Cloudflare.com. This will totally change your dns settings to the dns from cloudflare.
Now when they are looking (whois or ping) for your ip by typing your website url, they only get a cloudflare ip. This might help alot.

Just use cloudflare on your webhost, and protect ur whois with whoisguard.

Cloudflare is free to use, but if you get downtime by a ddos attack on the cloudflare ip, then pay coudflare for ddos protection. Or manually block those ip's who attack you.

I hope this might help the private servers of kalonline.

I Do know there are other ways to get the ip of the server, But there are not so much people smart enough i think. Using a command prompt and a command when you login to the server will get the ip tho. But there will be more ip's showing in the cmd. And the hacker must just rip the right ip out of it. In that case it's better to use a ddos protected root.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Login to the Server, open the CMD and use the netstat function.

or simply look into your Router, my Router always shows me where im connectet too.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Cloudflare cant protect your Gamserver.

But this could be usefull:

Client (resolve Proxy Bot IP via DNS) <-> Proxy Bot Pool (for example 30 Proxy Port Forwarder, choosen by DNS round robin) <-> Server (only you know the IP)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is to protect your website ip. Like i said it's not protecting you 100%

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First rule - never host the Website/Userpanel on your Kal-Root.

Reaction score
You just need a protected host like dragonara.net and protect your website with cloudflare. All other solutions are crap.

You can also use a remote SQL connection, limited by the firewall to only accept connections on the remote MSSQL port by 1 IP.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
userpanel? so how its work without connection to db?

o_O using a IP instead of "localhost"?

You can also use a remote SQL connection, limited by the firewall to only accept connections on the remote MSSQL port by 1 IP.

True, but theres no DDos Protection needed for this, can be done by a Firewall. True a DDos Protectet Server these days is the normal standart.

Reaction score
That way you can have a cheap webhost protected by cloudflare running your homepage and scripts, connecting to your MSSQL database on a dedicated, ddos protected, server.

Back