Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Problem , weird . . .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My friend tried to make a eAthena TXT server.
He followed the guide with me and everything sould work fine.
He is able to login using his own client thats running on the same comp as the server.
Now when i tried to connect and make a character the char server say "Accepted Fint" (or something like that. But for some reason i cant connect to the map server.

Is there anyone that had the same problem.

He is located in a network.
With a outside IP that i used to connect.
In the configuration files his inside ip is entered, 10.0.0.151
I think its kinda weird that i can connect to the server that makes and accepts the account but i cant get connected to the map server.
Btw, he was walkking arround ingame when i tried this and in teh account txt file my account, ip, password and stuff like that was added.

Lemme know if you got any idea whats wrong, even if its just a hunsh.

Thx in advance, greetz Fint :thumbup:

Reaction score
when you say "you're stuff was added" did he do it? If he did, it's probably wrong....just create an account the normal way (typing in a username you want at the login with _M or F, and just the pass you want)

also...if he's running a router....then you'll have to get him to foward the ports, which didn't work for me so I unplugged my router all together

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The_Gatekeeper_ said:
when you say "you're stuff was added" did he do it? If he did, it's probably wrong....just create an account the normal way (typing in a username you want at the login with _M or F, and just the pass you want)

He just hosted and i connected, entered my usr name like Fint_M and then his server said "Accepted account Fint" (or something similair to that) So he didnt touch anything and my account was still made from my login atempt.

The_Gatekeeper_ said:
also...if he's running a router....then you'll have to get him to foward the ports, which didn't work for me so I unplugged my router all together
Yeah he is, though as far as i know the needed ports are "open"
I was wondering if he forwarded them to his IP.
Also, he only has 3 ports open 6900 and the basic map and char server ports (something like 6161 and 5151 or , i dunno :p) anyways, maybe some other ports sould be open to, inorder to let the packets that go back from the char and map server.

I read somewhere the ports (asuming my ex of 6161 and 5151 where right :p) 6162 and 5152 sould be open to.

Ill ask him later about that to.

Btw, if u wondering why he doesnt ask himself, he cant reach his e-mail for 2 days and he doesnt have a account here.

Back