Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Problem with Quest: LVL 10 - Relief and Despair fails to load video, crashes client.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The level 10 mission where you are granted your eidolon is bugged for me.

I can talk to the witch, go through the conversation but when the video is supposed to play it crashes.

I followed Yokohiro's server setup guide, I've also made sure the C_Mission and S_Mission files are matching.

I have had almost no problems with the server up to this point.

And this appears to crash the client only, though I'm no expert.

I have attached a screenshot and client logfile.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
According to your log file, you are using a 4k screen. Did you set your scaling factor in Windows to something other than 100%? If you did, try using 100%.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, here's a weird thing. Completely disabling the scaling did nothing. Changing my desktop resolution down to 1080p however, did allow the video to play and I could complete the quest.

Surely this gets us closer. It works but it's awfully inconvenient to have to change my desktop resolution every time I want to play this specific game. When I play a game at a lower resolution, windows does this automatically while the game is running, until I close the program. So by default my screen is 4k, I had been playing in 1440p because the scaling options make that about right, but my guess is then if I drop the in-game resolution down to 1080p I shouldn't have any more issues because I'm thinking it just doesn't like scaling the 1080p video higher than it's default resolution.

At least that's my hopeful theory, does that sound right to you?

I should have tried that in game first but now I'll have to wait till I hit another video.

Back