• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Progress] TDP CABAL Refresh Release

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We're hard at work like busy little beavers on the first ever TDP CABAL Refresh Release. To keep your tastebuds watering, and to help ease your anxiety during the wait, we've decided to document our progress as we work on the release, so expect frequent updates to this thread.

Our goals for this package are many. The MAIN goal is to completely rid CABAL of the grammatical errors that have haunted it since beta. Along the way, we'll also be snipping and tucking to make things look much more uniform across the whole client, and to also give it a slightly better feel. A few of our secondary goals are:
  • Add certain stable elements from the latest official servers, including animated NPC's, new costumes and the new starting gear.
  • Remove all unnecessary items from both item.scp and item.enc so that newbies don't ec6 themselves when trying out items
    Yamachi - [Progress] TDP CABAL Refresh Release - RaGEZONE Forums
  • Add an easily-customisable, EST-like launcher that will automatically update the client (this has already been done, and it's oh-so-awesome
    )
  • Add a client and server that allows GM's and Admins to send GM messages and broadcasts to their server.
  • Add translations for 12 languages in total! You will be able to select your language during the patch install, and you'll also be able to change it at any time via the launcher.
  • Create new webpages, including a much more secure Cash Shop.
  • FULLY synchronise the client and server once and for all!
There'll also be numerous goodies included, too
<- Cypher`s toy!

We're progressing along quite nicely atm, if not a little slow... But, don't worry, things will speed up quite quickly. Here are our our current progress statistics:

English UI text mended: [||||||95%|]
English NPC text mended: [|10%||||||]
English quest text mended: [0%||||||||]

Multi-language support: [|||||||100%]

Total German translation: [3%||||||||]
Total Italian translation: [3%||||||||]

Launcher: [|||||||99%]
Broadcasting tools: [||||60%|||]

Cash Shop: [||||||95%|]

And now, a few screenshots of the reworked UI text to whet your appetites:

Last edited:
┌П┐(•_•)┌П┐
Reaction score
good work :)

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

can u post more screenshot with the progress? :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mr Chumpy, is there a way to include at your add item section things like "acc bind item" and "char bind item" ? I think this feature will help many ppl.

you guys are doing really great job

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Hi there and good job. =]
I was wondering, if the language Hebrew is supported too. It is?
(With the current client files, when translating the cabal_msg.enc to Hebrew, it becames in Gibrish in-game.)

Last edited:
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Mr Chumpy, is there a way to include at your add item section things like "acc bind item" and "char bind item" ? I think this feature will help many ppl.

you guys are doing really great job
This is done by specifying the correct itemopt. Unfortunately there are hundreds (probably thousands) of different itemopts to support every combination of binding, slots, +? and craft effects and i don't want to have to create an itemopt maker twice. If you have seen the early betas of my gm tools v2 you will see they can now show you the binary of items and the itemidx/itemopt needed to give the item to yourself using the shop or tools. Now i can work out the itemopt from the binary i can start work on the item creator.

balq's java tools can do a lot of this already (though i think he hoes it a different way) and the itemopts his tools produce also work with the shop.

Hi there and good job. =]
I was wondering, if the language Hebrew is supported too. It is?
(With the current client files, when translating the cabal_msg.enc to Hebrew, it becames in Gibrish in-game.)

Certain languages are a problem because of cabalmain. One that can display Hebrew won't display accents for other languages, there doesn't seem to be one that will display everything. For now we are just working on the 12 until we (well Yamachi) decides what to do. He may be able to get it to display other languages that it currently cann't or we may need to use more than one cabalmain.

Reaction score
Hmm, from my point there is no need to edit UI 'things', this can be made by any user who feels like...

Removing every 'wall' in rank up dungeon, dt, etc would be good, making alz limit, add new 'special warps' and create a new premium with this. I have some knowledge of cabalmain and i can help you with this, but i don't have a server to test, cuz my pc is crap :/

Good luck with the project :p

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hmm, from my point there is no need to edit UI 'things', this can be made by any user who feels like...

We're fixing all of the bad grammar and making the text look nicer. There is a huge need for the grammar fixes.

Removing every 'wall' in rank up dungeon, dt, etc would be good, making alz limit, add new 'special warps' and create a new premium with this.

No, no, no, and no. If you want a funserver, make one yourself.

Good luck with the project :p

Thank you.

Reaction score
You misunderstand me, i didn't say to make a 'fun server', anyway seems that there will be no real improvments, just basic things, i thought in this release would be something new...

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You misunderstand me, i didn't say to make a 'fun server', anyway seems that there will be no real improvments, just basic things, i thought in this release would be something new...

Please read the first post... There's going to be new things. Oh, and since when was a multi-lingual client supporting 12 different languages basic? None of what we're doing is "basic". You don't seem to understand exactly what it is we're doing.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
small question is what option u put in shop to sell 10 core ?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
How could it be,that every post has some USER who Asking Weird Questions about Stuff,which is Totally Clear ???

Asking Weird Questions with Hardcore-Off-Topic-Style instead of LOOKING at EACH Screen,is too much.

[Off-Topic]BTW..how to get EP3 Files ??[/Off-Topic] :w00t::eek:tt1:

I think its really a nice Future Release,it will be Great,in every Way.
I whish i could do stuff like you do.

Keep up the Great Stuff to bring the Section Forward..

Regards :wink:

Reaction score
Mind stopping asking "how to get EP3"?
Simply because you can't. Its already been discussed too much and its pretty much annoying to see that every now & then.

@On Topic
How does your broadcasting tool works?
Hooked in a client via remote connection to the server?
Sorta like a RAT kind of way?
Just curious.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mind stopping asking "how to get EP3"?
Simply because you can't. Its already been discussed too much and its pretty much annoying to see that every now & then.

He was being humourous...

How does your broadcasting tool works?
Hooked in a client via remote connection to the server?
Sorta like a RAT kind of way?
Just curious.

Ah, but that would be telling :p

The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
Thread cleaned. Any updates will be provided when TDP decides to make them public. Any further questions or complains about our progress will not be tolerated.

Thank you for understanding.

Back