Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Project Nevareth - The most advanced Cabal Online private development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello RZ! I come to share the Project Nevareth again :dancemental:

This time I would like to show you the project progress, features and more. There are many systems working that were not shown in the video like equipment upgrades, force core, etc.. which will be presented.

This video shows a gameplay demo that showcases initial character progression along with a party-completed FT2.

This is an ongoing project and the video is a demonstration of the current state of the project so..
Feel free to comment and send questions, I'll reply asap.

Thank you Cabal Community

Last edited:
K

Komachi

The project is promising there are thousands of players on the official servers, waiting for a Private servers with the same level of update as the Official Server, the best thing Niicke can do is not make it publicly available and be Closed, strictly limited to people with a history of reliability in the Management of Cabal Private Servers so that Cabal Private Administrators also do not prostitute the Cabal Online scenario by placing the price of Premium, fantasy and the like at an absurdly cheap price, something of half the value of the Official one, the products must be a maximum of 25% cheaper than products on the Official ESTSoft server because if you don't know how to price it, you won't have enough revenue to keep the scene alive, it's not being greedy to make money with it friends, you understand there are several people who are highly professional in Web Development, C++, Reverse Engineering and the like, which are very difficult and tortuous jobs to be created and their premium being good and high creates more competition for labor availability and the Developers Scene is not monopolized for servers of GTA V RolePlay where it is in excess, find out who is going to make this available because it is in the hands of the appreciation of the Cabal scene, the EP8 above the EP2 gave a Hype of relevance and enormous engagement and the ESTSoft Official has already distanced himself in the Scene again , after the Ep8 Files went to All Open many admins opened backyard servers and I don't mean to offend but opening VPS Private Backyard server selling Fantasy and Pets for penny Dollars totally destroys the Cabal scene, it's not just update what makes a server good and attractive there are many elements in server management that make it relevant and different, but having the competition with many equal servers where what changes are few things and the difficulty of Leveling and conquering things are easy and the cheap price will burn the game scene again.

Another question is about the feasibility of extending this emulator from the server to Cabal Mobile, will that possibility be great?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Instead of criticise the project support it since not everyone is willing to make same visual ui , same inventory, it might really good for the sake or cabal private servers new level of development that will drastically lead to more ppl on private server and more enjoyable content with carnelian , overlord, merit, effectors.
As a owner of a server i should make different ways to try to make something merit like using skill books , same with everything that ep8 it self don't have and it's very limited episode. I have several questions like
Are you going to make same overlord/ merit system replicate from official.
And will you add the carnelians and other chaos accessories upgradeable like normal .
Also Good Job about this project,
and wish you the best guys i hope you not get demotivated by the community we are surrounded.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The project itself is good, the video alone already shows plenty that I know I wouldn't even bother trying simply because of the time it takes to get there, so I do respect the effort behind it.
I'm just genuinely not seeing paid models like that going anywhere in the long run.

And if someone were to get their motivation killed so easily, projects like that wouldn't happen so I'm pretty sure nothing from what I said even had an impact on that.

I don't like the paid aspect of it and I don't need to, either, there are others who will support it and that's just fine.
Sharing my opinion isn't exactly a crime and I got a response which is fine as well.

I wish the best of luck with the main subject, I said what I wanted to say so I will stop pestering the thread with it any further.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The project is promising there are thousands of players on the official servers, waiting for a Private servers with the same level of update as the Official Server, the best thing Niicke can do is not make it publicly available and be Closed, strictly limited to people with a history of reliability in the Management of Cabal Private Servers so that Cabal Private Administrators also do not prostitute the Cabal Online scenario by placing the price of Premium, fantasy and the like at an absurdly cheap price, something of half the value of the Official one, the products must be a maximum of 25% cheaper than products on the Official ESTSoft server because if you don't know how to price it, you won't have enough revenue to keep the scene alive, it's not being greedy to make money with it friends, you understand there are several people who are highly professional in Web Development, C++, Reverse Engineering and the like, which are very difficult and tortuous jobs to be created and their premium being good and high creates more competition for labor availability and the Developers Scene is not monopolized for servers of GTA V RolePlay where it is in excess, find out who is going to make this available because it is in the hands of the appreciation of the Cabal scene, the EP8 above the EP2 gave a Hype of relevance and enormous engagement and the ESTSoft Official has already distanced himself in the Scene again , after the Ep8 Files went to All Open many admins opened backyard servers and I don't mean to offend but opening VPS Private Backyard server selling Fantasy and Pets for penny Dollars totally destroys the Cabal scene, it's not just update what makes a server good and attractive there are many elements in server management that make it relevant and different, but having the competition with many equal servers where what changes are few things and the difficulty of Leveling and conquering things are easy and the cheap price will burn the game scene again.

Another question is about the feasibility of extending this emulator from the server to Cabal Mobile, will that possibility be great?
We are not concerned about Cabal Mobile at this moment.. anyway maybe we need to refactor some structural and services aspects but yes.. should be possibile in the future

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The project itself is good, the video alone already shows plenty that I know I wouldn't even bother trying simply because of the time it takes to get there, so I do respect the effort behind it.
I'm just genuinely not seeing paid models like that going anywhere in the long run.

And if someone were to get their motivation killed so easily, projects like that wouldn't happen so I'm pretty sure nothing from what I said even had an impact on that.

I don't like the paid aspect of it and I don't need to, either, there are others who will support it and that's just fine.
Sharing my opinion isn't exactly a crime and I got a response which is fine as well.

I wish the best of luck with the main subject, I said what I wanted to say so I will stop pestering the thread with it any further.
First of all.. thanks for your support!

Are you going to make same overlord/ merit system replicate from official.
Yes ofc.. the endgame systems are not our priority at this moment but we will create all new official systems.
The current priority is make a stable version with all EP8 content plus new content that we can't avoid it, like new classes, new equipments, new craft system, etc..

Reaction score
You progressed alot but tell us how many months/years was to reach this state?
The current ep8 structure server side have more than a million line, and the content after that even more.
This project with 2-3 people never will be done. You will reach partial success but never will be a complete project.
You promising something to "sponsors" which never will be completely done... Good luck with it.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The current ep8 structure server side have more than a million line, and the content after that even more.
This project with 2-3 people never will be done. You will reach partial success but never will be a complete project.
You promising something to "sponsors" which never will be completely done... Good luck with it.
In your view it may be impossible, but just because previously everyone who tried gave up doesn't means that this is a rule.
I have years of experience in software development not only with private games but in my main work too.. the point here is not to prove knowledge because I think the showcase speak for themselves.
Today we have much more resources than in the mid 2000s, so it is natural that what once seemed impossible today is completely achievable in much less time, I don't know if you know, but the concept of defining the success or functionality of a software by the number of lines is an outdated concept but I can only say that this project has been under development for over 2 years.
Remembering that we have a good code base to understand how things worked with the EP3 source already available on the forum.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I'm not sure if you're aware, but Brazilians are famed for never giving up AIAUHAUHA...

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Esse projeto foi feito do zero? ou usando alguma base como minerva? ou a fonte do episódio 3?

E também não entendo porque o pessoal que desenvolvia com minerva parava, sempre que lançavam um episódio no cabal coreano tinham que atualizar os códigos, ai me faziam a pergunta varias vezes porque não arrumar minerva em um episodio para fazer pouco de pouco a pouco.

This project was developed entirely from scratch. Minerva developed by Yamachi and Cronus by KomeKeto are projects that do not support a production scenario and should only serve as a learning experience for those interested in starting this journey.

Reaction score
I understand, and in this case the source of the ep3 did you use it as a base then?
Why not choose to try using and update it? It's been a while since Pier32 posted something in that session that I'm excited to have something like that.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I understand, and in this case the source of the ep3 did you use it as a base then?
Why not choose to try using and update it? It's been a while since Pier32 posted something in that session that I'm excited to have something like that.
Working with the ep3 source is unnecessarily complicated (but yes, we use it a lot to understand some game aspects)
It's a very old code base and will take a lot more time and a bigger learning curve because of the language.
Today we have access to technologies and tools that facilitate development, a game like Cabal Online is easily made in a friendlier language, consequently better productivity and maintainability

Reaction score
that I understand, really and ability to do something in a newer and much better language.
For example, I was going to ask you if you are using C# or something else.
The way it is possible today to be able to even use Node.js for that hahahaha, which is the library I'm using the most to write codes and so on.

------------------------

And about the minerva project, I went to read it and yamachi himself actually says to start from scratch, and try to improve the aspect of the code and design pattern.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
that I understand, really and ability to do something in a newer and much better language.
For example, I was going to ask you if you are using C# or something else.
The way it is possible today to be able to even use Node.js for that hahahaha, which is the library I'm using the most to write codes and so on.

------------------------

And about the minerva project, I went to read it and yamachi himself actually says to start from scratch, and try to improve the aspect of the code and design pattern.
I definitely wouldn't risk creating such a project in Node.js :ROFLMAO:
You should at least choose a language where you can work well with multithreading, have control over memory allocation and preferably support to AOT compilation

Reaction score
Eu definitivamente não arriscaria criar um projeto desses em Node.js:ROFLMAO:
Você deve pelo menos escolher um idioma em que possa trabalhar bem com multithreading, ter controle sobre a alocação de memória e preferencialmente suporte para compilação AOT
it was kind of an irony haha.
But I get the point, and I assume you chose C# ? or something else in that regard? Because Golang, I know there's a lot of what you said, just the "AOT" that I'm not connected with.
Or "Rust"

Reaction score
Lets see if this is another emulation attempt (although the video shows the most progress so far) or something realistic after 15 years.

Whichever the case, @Niicke don't abandon this thread, keep us posted and I bet a lot of people would be interested to see more information about this project.
For others - a polite reminder to stick to the rules and be civilized. Don't like it - ignore it.

K

Komachi

Now that there is a working emulator there is possibility for there to be a MarketPlace of resources for Cabal Online servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back