• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Project Salmon (Habbo Hotel r63b Emulator) [C++03][UNIX][POSIX][Open Source Anarchy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Update: I spent some time yesterday exploring AS3 and other things; that being said, I have done some more work on the emulator and receiving packets. Updates will be added to the SVN later today (though the branches will not be merged until this weekend). Also, the second developer's diary will be uploaded to Youtube once I get home from Christmas break (Internet is slow right now from the blackout).

Also, I forgot to add the tentative due dates that I had in mind for this project (see the new thread bulletin). Moreover, there will be two release (see the new thread bulletin).

Last edited:
idk what to put here
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Looking good Jacob, hope to see you on skype soon so we can go forth on what we've discussed!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Looking good Jacob, hope to see you on skype soon so we can go forth on what we've discussed!

Been travelling to get back home and start my work term (took up most of my day); however, I have managed to get quite a bit done on the plane. I'll commit some of the changes I did once I settle in tomorrow night (including the second developer's diary). I'll be on/off Skype and resuming the join me sessions tomorrow.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
... is it just C++ or do you mix both C/C++?

Some of the libraries we are using are C libraries. C++ is a superset of C; you cannot write a hello world program without a little C (so I claim). To directly answer your question, the project is primarily written in C++, however we do use functions written in C from standard/API libraries. Moreover, we occasionally use C-style strings, rather than the string class.

Confused.
Reaction score
I haven't seen Jacob around lately, he mentioned he was moving, and that's about it. I could imagine that is holding him up, or he jumped off the ship.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Lot's of progress has been made over the past week; I will update this thread this evening or tomorrow morning. I am pretty sick right now (as Ash mentioned). Rest assured, this project is continued (=

idk what to put here
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ahh, been watching the thread for some updates, get well soon! Development waits upon you!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This has been a disapoint, 4 pages in, no in-client shots yet?

See the bulletin note from the original thread. I have no intention on breaking that schedule. Unfortunately, I had hoped to be a little farther by now however I was fairly sick this past week; now that I am better, development will resume at a much faster pace.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Honestly i'm loving that someone is finally making a new emulator that's original and really awesome. I'm following this development, and I wish you the best of luck with this project. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back