Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Promote me from Leecher to a developer.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Hi. I am Amey AKA Crost. I hereby states that I am a leecher(kinda) and I don't like this kind of thing. So I am begging you to help me. Please read this and help me.

I am tired of leeching stuff other people make and using them. It is no fun and I can't even tell people that I have did it!

So I want you guys to teach me how can I make my own sources, npc, re director and all things which a experienced developers,coders do.

For Eg. I love the work of Sunny.
Once he was also a player like me. No you all were once like me. But how you all got to the heights I dream of going to.

I am willing to work hard. But I want to learn this.
So in short terms

I want to learn everything you can teach me. I know NPC can be made since there are sorta tutorials for that kinda job. But how you all make other things. I want to go as high as I can and I am asking you for help.

P.S. Move this thread if in wrong place since i don't know where this kinda things go. Because I never seen this type of thread before.

I am New and I need you help. Please as a Experienced Coder/Developer guide leeches like me to where I can use all my potential.

I am sorry for wasting your time.

:) :D xD

Information

I am 13 year old. Age is not a matter and I believe it but please be a bit Easy on me.

Well continuing:
Amey is my Name
Live in India and proud of it.
Single. Lol.
Not very smart but yeah I am good.

If you want more info I will add more.

With Regards
Crost
Amey

Last but not least.

I AM A TOTAL NOOB. I don even know what packets are and what they do...

Please help this little noob.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. But I want all of you suggestions. So please help me. Currently I am doing JAVA tutorials. Is there any language I should learn. I also want anyone to tell me in detail what is this and that. I know this is asking to much but please help me.

Thanks
With Regards,
Crost
Amey

Do yourself a favor and do not learn such an antiquated and deprecate language, go for something a little more modern instead such as C#. If you start with Java, you will switch in the future either way, so it's either now or later. (I've been through this, duck Java)

In my book, Java is completely obsolete; C# can do anything it can and can't do. The only strong points of it are cross compatibility with all OS and debugging in real time which is really nice.

Rewrite your own Maple server in C# once you know how to use it. Remember that programming is not about knowing the syntax, it's about knowing how to solve problems in a logical and methodical way.

If this does not convince you, then please take a glance at the Java VM installer

bugme - Promote me from Leecher to a developer. - RaGEZONE Forums

Java, an instrument of the devil.

Upvote 0
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and do not learn such an antiquated and deprecate language, go for something a little more modern instead such as C#. If you start with Java, you will switch in the future either way, so it's either now or later. (I've been through this, duck Java)

In my book, Java is completely obsolete; C# can do anything it can and can't do. The only strong points of it are cross compatibility with all OS and debugging in real time which is really nice.

Rewrite your own Maple server in C# once you know how to use it. Remember that programming is not about knowing the syntax, it's about knowing how to solve problems in a logical and methodical way.

If this does not convince you, then please take a glance at the Java VM installer

bugme - Promote me from Leecher to a developer. - RaGEZONE Forums

Java, an instrument of the devil.

Well, Java isn't entirely horrible as you say it is. Every programming languages has its pros and cons, ups and downs. Java however, is not a great choice in game development in my opinion. If anything, try learning C++ or something. It is a low level programming language which can outperform Java.

It is up to you. Everyone will have to know a bunch of programming languages if they are to pursue a computer science career. Don't get too tied down to one programming language if you are looking to pursue that type of job.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, Java isn't entirely horrible as you say it is. Every programming languages has its pros and cons, ups and downs. Java however, is not a great choice in game development in my opinion. If anything, try learning C++ or something. It is a low level programming language which can outperform Java.

It is up to you. Everyone will have to know a bunch of programming languages if they are to pursue a computer science career. Don't get too tied down to one programming language if you are looking to pursue that type of job.

Then can you give me one reason why you would use Java instead of C# where compatibility with anything other than Windows is not needed?

Upvote 0
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Then can you give me one reason why you would use Java instead of C# where compatibility with anything other than Windows is not needed?

Hmm... Well I could honestly say that I like C# a lot better than Java in many ways, but I was just stating something that is true. :p

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Too much hate on Java. It's not a bad language. It's different. It's unique. It's obviously slower than C# and C++, but that doesn't mean we should bash it. There are also some differences on style/structure, but you know, Java is still very popular today. It's a lot easier to jump into as a first language than say C# I feel.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm... Well I could honestly say that I like C# a lot better than Java in many ways, but I was just stating something that is true. :p

People are saying Java is everywhere.

I'll take the example of cars.

Most of the car softwares are coded in Java! YES! In Java!

It's awesome you'll say? No. It's not. Why is there so much car accidents every year? It's not because of people. It's because of JAVA! duck JAVA!!!

Hundreds of thousands die every year because of Java! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

Move to C#. Pronounced See-Sharp or See-Pound (As you wish. I personally say C-Sharp but Oxy say C-Pound)

ASM > C++ > .NET (C#) > JAVA < Other stupid Interpreted languages

Saying Java is the best because it works on every OS is like saying anal sex is the best because it works on both genders :
It's hard, painful and slow (Like entering in)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mm you all confused me a lot. So I learn C# or c++ since I was not doing java learning for 2 days so still in 15th tut so mm throw some light please.

With Regards,
Amey
Crost

Upvote 0
BloopBloop
Reaction score
Mm you all confused me a lot. So I learn C# or c++ since I was not doing java learning for 2 days so still in 15th tut so mm throw some light please.

With Regards,
Amey
Crost

Chose the one you like, C# got Pointers etc just like C++(however they are keywords in C#), so if you know C# you actually know C++(not fully true).

Just pointing out:
C#.NET and VB.NET are available for crossplatforms and android development thnx to mono (only till NetFramework 2.0)

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

With Regards,
Amey
Crost

You do C#. It has a beautiful syntax, easy to learn just like Java and is much more powerful. Of course C++ beats it by so much it's not even funny but it has the most noise code out of all the languages used nowadays. Those recommending Java instead of C# are blind and do not know a single poop about C#.

Upvote 0
Reaction score

Explain to me how exactly Java is deprecated? Many applications that are being released day by day (be it mobile device or PC) are Java-based. This idea of 'switching' language is really coming off as a programmer weakness to me. Your inability to use multiple programming languages will only hurt you if you actually want to do something more than MapleStory private server development. I agree that C# has had far more attention than Java has for a while in terms of feature sets, however you're still not going to be writing hardware adapters in C# or Java. My point is that the overhead each language provides you really makes both equally powerful in terms of software development. Power, in at least my interpretation of it, only really relates to how much you can do with a language before you hit a barrier and have to go writing low level code to ensure functionality. Both languages reach this barrier at around the same point from my usage of each.

ASM > C++ > .NET (C#) > JAVA < Other stupid Interpreted languages

Saying Java is the best because it works on every OS is like saying anal sex is the best because it works on both genders :
It's hard, painful and slow (Like entering in)
1) Most C++ code ends up being faster than hand-written ASM code since most compilers can optimize far better than a human can.
2) Saying that .NET languages are superior to Java is completely wrong since they are fundamentally based upon the same concept of using a RE as well as an intermediate code. Do you honestly think all of your code is truly compiled in either setup?
3) Java is an intermediate of interpreted and compiled. The concept of a VM is to create multi-platform instructions that can be executed on any processor that has a way of getting the equivalent native code during run-time. This means that the JVM acts as a psuedo-CPU to process the special Java instruction set. The main reason why .NET languages do not enjoy the same full cross-platform ability is because most (if not all) of their equivalent code has high dependence upon the Windows OS. Interpreted languages, for the most part, do not have an intermediate form of instructions and are directly executed which makes them significantly slower.
4) No one said Java is the best language. There is no specific "best" language since the criteria for achieving this status is far too situational. What are you smoking?
C++ is by far the most popular language to program in since it is low-level enough to manage hardware while high-level enough not to make you go insane optimizing ASM. The trade-off with something like Java/C# is mostly development time (though this is probably fairly insignificant in an experienced programmer of both).

The circlejerk that is these kinds of "best" language discussions really irritates me.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Explain to me how exactly Java is deprecated? Many applications that are being released day by day (be it mobile device or PC) are Java-based. This idea of 'switching' language is really coming off as a programmer weakness to me. Your inability to use multiple programming languages will only hurt you if you actually want to do something more than MapleStory private server development. I agree that C# has had far more attention than Java has for a while in terms of feature sets, however you're still not going to be writing hardware adapters in C# or Java. My point is that the overhead each language provides you really makes both equally powerful in terms of software development. Power, in at least my interpretation of it, only really relates to how much you can do with a language before you hit a barrier and have to go writing low level code to ensure functionality. Both languages reach this barrier at around the same point from my usage of each.

1) Most C++ code ends up being faster than hand-written ASM code since most compilers can optimize far better than a human can.
2) Saying that .NET languages are superior to Java is completely wrong since they are fundamentally based upon the same concept of using a RE as well as an intermediate code. Do you honestly think all of your code is truly compiled in either setup?
3) Java is an intermediate of interpreted and compiled. The concept of a VM is to create multi-platform instructions that can be executed on any processor that has a way of getting the equivalent native code during run-time. This means that the JVM acts as a psuedo-CPU to process the special Java instruction set. The main reason why .NET languages do not enjoy the same full cross-platform ability is because most (if not all) of their equivalent code has high dependence upon the Windows OS. Interpreted languages, for the most part, do not have an intermediate form of instructions and are directly executed which makes them significantly slower.
4) No one said Java is the best language. There is no specific "best" language since the criteria for achieving this status is far too situational. What are you smoking?
C++ is by far the most popular language to program in since it is low-level enough to manage hardware while high-level enough not to make you go insane optimizing ASM. The trade-off with something like Java/C# is mostly development time (though this is probably fairly insignificant in an experienced programmer of both).

The circlejerk that is these kinds of "best" language discussions really irritates me.

Then how do you explain all the crap that Java is missing or promoting such as the fake generics, lack of Structs, (which is really, a huge deal) lack of events, lack of delegates and more. These features have been in C# for quite a while and Java has not even added any support for any of the mentioned features above.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
ITT: People that don't really know programming languages arguing about which language is the best.

The best language to learn overall is English, because it's the world standard trade language. The second best is probably Chinese due to business transactions that are getting bigger and bigger with China. If you are in the USA, Spanish is a good language to learn too. Before anyone calls me out on this, not being serious here.

OT:
You guys don't realize that there are best programming languages for different tasks. You cannot only code in one language. Your C# code would look stupid next to someone's code of python for many general tasks (also there are libraries for almost anything you'd want to use). Webcoding? You are going to use C++ over Ruby (Rails) for web frameworks? It's doable in C++ but still... If you are handling a ton of data for scientific research you may want to pick up Python or Matlab. These are way slower than C++ in general but if you are handling tons of matrices, matlab is probably the language that is best suited for your work. Seriously arguing about which one is the best is like saying WOW NOOB YOU USE WINDOWS?? LINUX IS BETTER FOR EVERYTHING. WOW NOTEPAD??? GO USE VIM. Then there are the mac fans, that argue that windows has no terminal... it's just silly.

If you want to do well in this section, you should learn Java. Nearly everything in this section is Java. If you want to do well outside of this section you should learn a ton of other languages (such as some functional ones) and when to use them. These days everyone knows the C family languages. You have to do better.

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let's Stay in topic guys. Why fight in such a stupid topic.

Well, I respect all your decision. I will learn all languages so that I will find the language that suits me most.
I will Start like this:

1.) Java (Heard it is beginner friendly)
2.) C#(Will try it after Java. Some one replied in this thread that who know c# knows a bit c++)
3.) C++(So that I can optimize my self. My English is poor as hell so don't mind that optimize. Plus c# helps a lot :O)

Anyway, Thanks for instructing me.
Will start learning these from day after tomorrow.
Due to some personal reasons obviously.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Java is definitely beginner friendly and really easy to understand besides memorizing functions and stuff. Understanding how Java works really helps to understand C# and C++.

Upvote 0
return null;
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Then how do you explain all the crap that Java is missing or promoting such as the fake generics, lack of Structs, (which is really, a huge deal) lack of events, lack of delegates and more. These features have been in C# for quite a while and Java has not even added any support for any of the mentioned features above.

No it's not that necessary, there are many Java-based, not related to Maplestory, servers that work flawlessly without those features.
It should not matter which language you pick (C#,C++ or Java) for a Maplestory Server.
In the end, the way the code is written matters.

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No it's not that necessary, there are many Java-based, not related to Maplestory, servers that work flawlessly without those features.
It should not matter which language you pick (C#,C++ or Java) for a Maplestory Server.
Cool Post

and Thanks all again :D

With Regards,
Crost
Amey

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I'll agree with you, for servers, Java can compete with C#. But if we're talking about making say a client for a game or just a game where rendering has to be done on screen, C# absolutely outdo Java.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Most of what you've said ranges from vaguely correct to irrelevant, but I've picked out this part as it bothered me the most. C++ is not the most popular language to program in. Low-level languages in general have less of a total market share than higher-level languages do. Individually, here's a and and . I think it's pretty obvious that there's no clean cut "most popular language" and that it's more or less impossible to determine which one is the most popular language anyway.

It's by no means appropriate to call type erasure fake generics. There are inherent problems to Java's design of generic typing but that doesn't make it fake. Structs can be implemented exactly as objects with no problem whatsoever and this is by no means a huge deal. Structs are a language element in C. They are not required to program anything. Event handling can be implemented simply by yourself or through the use of libraries. Google's Guava library contains a fantastic event handling system. In many ways, it's a lot more robust than the event system included in C#. Delegates are the most interesting of the features you've listed, but again they're only one potential solution. You could implement similar functionality using a library like Javassist, you could design your software to make use of reflection for such a purpose, or you could design it in a way where it simply doesn't need this type of functionality.

Java is definitely beginner friendly and really easy to understand besides memorizing functions and stuff. Understanding how Java works really helps to understand C# and C++.

Javadoc exists for a reason. IDEs exist for a reason. You really don't need to memorize much of anything.

(an actual explanation of how languages are tools)

Seriously. There is no "one language to do everything." Different programming language designs lend themselves to different purposes. The best programmers are the ones who can recognize that a language is a tool not a unique skill. You wouldn't hear a mechanical engineer say that he believes wrenches are far superior to screwdrivers and hammers and riveters. That'd be positively stupid. They all work best together where needed to accomplish the goal at hand.

I'll agree with you, for servers, Java can compete with C#. But if we're talking about making say a client for a game or just a game where rendering has to be done on screen, C# absolutely outdo Java.

This is nonsensical. The two languages bear many similarities especially in effective functionality. It's nowhere near as simple as saying "Java is good for servers but can't make client-side applications." There's libraries like JOGL and LWJGL that give you much finer control over rendering than does XNA. There's OpenGL bindings for both languages actually. There's no outdoing here. If you limit yourself to only the standard library of any language, you're missing out on the wealth of the community at large. One of the biggest reasons Java can still thrive as a language is because of the massive developer community around it. Despite many design shortcomings, the language is easy to learn and has a massive set of libraries to hold it up. Large languages like this aren't just a programming language, they're an ecosystem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey man. The best way I can help you is by offering you these tips. Follow the tutorials everyone has already provided with you. Go download a source and get some mods that people made that are compatible with your source. Java is the best language for this, as most sources and released scripts are in java. Look at the code that the person wrote, and pick it apart and see if you can understand it. If not, go find the methods and constants that they're using and figure out why they're using them. Implement the scripts and go see how it works in the real game until you know that script inside and out. Continue doing this until you have a handful of scripts learned, and then try to write your own whenever you feel comfortable. See if it works, and if not spend some time trying to figure out why. At the end of the day, if you can't, come by and ask for help, someone will be bound to help you write your code if you show you're making a good effort. We love more developers on here.

Just be sure to give back and release your scripts, no matter how big or small. Add on to an existing source and make it more complete, add some custom content, etc. When you can release your own source with your own brand name on it because you've implemented enough scripts to differentiate it from the market, you know you've pretty much made it and can jump into complicated bug fixing and such.

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks. Sorry for late reply. I was at hospital.

Anyways,
With Regards
Crost
Amey

Upvote 0
Back