• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

PS Owners are supposed to help each other.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why are some Private server owners try to destroy other private servers?

I know that private servers are competing each other. Others have good features compared to others. Others have a good connection to others. But why destroy each other?

I have a small private server. Hamachi based.

And some other private server owners connect to my hamachi network just to advertise their servers in my hamachi network. Destroying my server's reputation. Saying like "transfer to our server. this server sux". When you say or other players say to stop chatting in hamachi coz it will cause lag, they just replied "we dont care. if you get lag, thats becoz this server sux. transfer to our server. http:...... They advertise their server alot in my server. Making lags in my server. Not just their admins but also their players.

How did i know that he's an owner of the server he's advertising? I followed him in their network they advertised. And he was there. Same nick. Same IP. Chatted with him, and found out that he was in fact one of the admins of the server he's advertising.

Is that how we private server owners act? Go to other servers and advertise then say some s**t about our competitors?

This is getting annoying. Do we really have to destroy each other? I dont think this is competition.

Also, i've heard that other PS are hacking each other. To down other server, so they get a chance to make that server players transfer to their server. I've heard alot about that. Not just here in Ran. But also in other games. Lucky for me, i didnt enable rancp.

Hoping that all other private servers try to think about this.

We private server owners are supposed to help each other. Not destroy each other to rule. We belong to one community. Ragezone community. We are all illegal private servers.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@KenWeiLL

YOU RIGHT I ENCOUNTER THIS ALSO... THAT'S WHY I CHANGE MY RANCP...

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ban them.

I always did. And they keep on coming back doing the same thing with a new hamachi IP. Also, their real IP address change from time to time. They're using Bayantel. Probably, Bayantel changes IP address from time to time. Even if i banned them in forum/main website, the next day, they already have another ip address. I cant afford to banned using *, doing so will also banned all others within that range.

Also, they we're once players in my server. Asked me on how to make a server. I told them about ragezone. Then asked me again about how to set ODBC coz they can't follow the guide here in forums. So i teach them thru YM. WE chatted. Teach them step by step. AFter that, when they launch their server, thats where it started. :(

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ban them.

Hey PostOfTheYear

we are just wan't to Request

If the all Ran Owner help all of Us we can do a perfect Ran Server specially the Ran owner without hamachi....

OFF TOPIC
Please teach us to remove our hamachi i know many of us already remove Their hamachi easily

Upvote 0
Reaction score
yah its happen to me also.. the owner or player of BLAH BLAH BLAH Ran Online *i dont put the real name of his/her server (respect) - he advertise his/her server and said my server is *BULOK* and his server is great and lag free BUT W/ HAMACHI!
+++

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
remove hamachi? juz uninstall then apply for an Static IP for you to host your server without hamachi...

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well , i know 2 ps that are fighting because piration of players, i will not mention the server name ..hehe

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@all

Sorry because Unknown is already banned by abry

@abry

Unknown is only a child he's only 13 yrs old so he only have child brain.....

@all

Why if the Ragezoners member already been remove their hamachi why they didn't share how to remove hamachi or just Port forwarind guide w/ picture

@all sorry

Upvote 0
Reaction score
@all

@abry

@all

Why if the Ragezoners member already been remove their hamachi why they didn't share how to remove hamachi or just Port forwarind guide w/ picture

@all sorry

why are you sorrying?? is that u.... unknown?

oink oink.... can u clear this..

Upvote 0
Omega Male
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@all

@abry

@all

@all sorry

You're really out of topic.
Just make a new thread for your problem/ error.
Also, almost all ways on how to make a direct connection (no hamachi) has been shared.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm not Unknown

Unknown is my customer

@
If i start a new thread then moderators will say that im Double posting!

And no one can solve my Problem!

@sorry im mad of you you known who you are

@Please close thread

and sorry hope you understanding me guyz

Upvote 0
Reaction score
@TS
This is just common for private servers and this is just a part of competition. Good thing you haven't been attacked by DDOS. You're still lucky. All you can do is tighten the security for your server, that's all. The more security you give to your players, the more players you attract. The more the security, the less of wiping. And always remember to backup. To save your player's data. Do this very often. Twice a week or maybe daily if you can. With this you can ensure the safety of your players and the insurance that they will stay and love your server. That's just my two cents.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@To all smartbro user

to able to use smartbro for hosting ran w/o hamachi, you must:

know how to get your canopy address. or get in to your antenna.

find the settings their...gudluck!!!!

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hosting a ps server is an illegal thing, hacking a private server is an illegal thing,

whats the difference?

best thing is to be smart, maybe use google to help you out about ur security,

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@TS
This is just common for private servers and this is just a part of competition. Good thing you haven't been attacked by DDOS. You're still lucky. All you can do is tighten the security for your server, that's all. The more security you give to your players, the more players you attract. The more the security, the less of wiping. And always remember to backup. To save your player's data. Do this very often. Twice a week or maybe daily if you can. With this you can ensure the safety of your players and the insurance that they will stay and love your server. That's just my two cents.

Dont know about DDOS. Im not even aware of that. I still have to google that.
Backups, yes, i do backup every day, everymorning. 2 backups. ONe in default folder in program files, and the other, in a separate partition. Also, doing a snapshot everyweek. Since my ranserver is installed in Windows server 2003 inside linux using virtualization.

@To all smartbro user

to able to use smartbro for hosting ran w/o hamachi, you must:

know how to get your canopy address. or get in to your antenna.

find the settings their...gudluck!!!!

Im using smartbro. Smartbro users need to have hamachi. Unless you want to subscribe to smartbro enterprise, where you get a static ip address. but you have to pay about 3,600/month instead of the 999/month. Also, max speed for that is almost the same with the plan999.

There are some shops here who are using 2 plan999 connection, connected to a router. Im just not sure if that makes twice the bandwidth.

@ptrck777
i think you're actually refering to my server and the other one. but actually, 3 servers are involved. both of us 3 are all hamachi based. im not sure if both of them are also advertising in each other servers. or only in my server.

Upvote 0
Back